Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Connect Bluetooth headset to watch & iPhone simultaneously?

Is this true or is there a way to connect a Bluetooth device to the Apple Watch and iPhone Simultaneously?

To my understanding:

Currently the apple watch can not stream phone conversations directly to Bluetooth. And the Speakers are literally worthless under normal background sounds.

If you connect a Bluetooth headset to the apple watch, currently it can only play music (Force touch to change source) stored on the Watch internal memory. If you get a phone call and you answer it on the apple watch it will only play on the watch speakers (which is impossible to hear in with background noise) and the only way to get it to play on your Bluetooth headset is by pulling out your phone and going to settings > Bluetooth and selecting the device and wait about 3 seconds for it to automatically disconnect from watch and connect to the phone.

SO, If I want to use my Bluetooth headset to have a phone conversation I have to pull out my iPhone every time to either answer the call or manually switch the headset to the iPhone (if I was currently connected to the apple watch) which ruins the point of the Apple Watch.

Is this true? is there a work around? if not how do you manage to get around this flaw?

Apple Watch, watchOS 1.0.1

Posted on Jun 25, 2015 3:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 1, 2015 6:42 AM

On the watch where the call rings, if you slide up it gives you an option to "answer on my iphone". Wouldn't the most elegant solution just be to pair the bluetooth with the iPhone so that any call answered on the watch through iPhone goes to the bluetooth headset when you choose "answer on my iphone"?

52 replies

Jul 1, 2015 1:44 PM in response to 0itouch_man0

The simple solution is to use the button on your bluetooth headset device to answer the call. Answering calls on the watch is more just to impress your nearby friends; not really practically useful as there is a delay and the volume in minimal.

I feel the taps that someone is calling, phone in my pocket on vibrate, look at my wrist and see who it is, then answer with my BT headset. Boom done.

Oct 20, 2017 8:45 AM in response to 0itouch_man0

Hi

Since your question was posted, Apple has released various products that connect to both Apple Watch and iPhone at the same time, with sound switching automatically between them as required:

AirPods:

BeatsX Earphones:

Powerbeats3 Wireless Earphones:

Beats Studio3 Wireless Over-Ear Headphones:

Beats Solo3 Wireless On-Ear Headphones:

Feb 7, 2017 7:49 PM in response to crashCart

crashCart wrote:

This is a great question. I have an AppleWatch S2 and am wasting money buying BT devices that it won't sync with. I mean literally I follow these steps with NO resolution

1. Put Headphones in pair mode

2. Go to setting on watch and select Bluetooth and I see the headphones.

3. I tap pair ...

4. Cycling dots to show processing

5. Please be sure to turn Bluetooth device on and put in in pair mode

6. Waste hours reading threads that are filled with people who don't know the answer to the question telling me not to use the device as intended.

I want to use my watch during workouts where I don't have my phone with me. Fewer distractions. This is how it was intended to work. I have used BT 3.0 to BT 4.1 with NO success.

I'm not entirely clear why your responding to me. I think you'd get more assistance if you started your own thread as your problem is not the same as the subject of this thread which is how to pair a BT headset to an Apple Watch and an iPhone at the same time. That question has been answered: you can't. It sounds as if you're having trouble pairing a headset to your Apple Watch.

I'd suggest you review this support article:

Use Bluetooth accessories with your Apple Watch - Apple Support

If that doesn't help, start your own thread with subject line that describes your problem.

Feb 7, 2017 2:54 PM in response to IdrisSeabright

This is a great question. I have an AppleWatch S2 and am wasting money buying BT devices that it won't sync with. I mean literally I follow these steps with NO resolution

1. Put Headphones in pair mode

2. Go to setting on watch and select Bluetooth and I see the headphones.

3. I tap pair ...

4. Cycling dots to show processing

5. Please be sure to turn Bluetooth device on and put in in pair mode

6. Waste hours reading threads that are filled with people who don't know the answer to the question telling me not to use the device as intended.

I want to use my watch during workouts where I don't have my phone with me. Fewer distractions. This is how it was intended to work. I have used BT 3.0 to BT 4.1 with NO success.

Meanwhile, my phone is autoloading music taking up storage that it will NEVER play at this rate.

So if anyone knows what they are talking about, in regard to syncing please answer the question people who want to tell me I'm doing it wrong, go away and stop trolling.

Feb 7, 2017 8:53 PM in response to crashCart

crashCart wrote:

Sorry about that Iris, it was intended as a general reply.

This Bluetooth issue has been frustrating me, and finding 4 pages of people telling you to not use your watch the way you would like to, or more to the point just an answer to your question about how to get a proper pairing.

Again, this thread wasn't about how to simply pair a headset with your watch. It was about how to pair one with both devices. And that can't be done.

The iris is one of my favorite flowers so, it's all good.

Oct 20, 2017 8:33 AM in response to 0itouch_man0

I bought a bluetooth headset to use specifically with my watch. I, too, am frustrated that I cannot pair both watch and phone with my headset. While I don't talk on my phone much I do listen to music and watch tv/movies on my phone and it would be nice to be able to use my headset while doing that instead of having to grab my Apple ear buds. I agree that a new update for this should be made.

Oct 20, 2017 10:39 AM in response to Jeni1964

No, what Apple did is come up with added technology (the W1 chip) that allowed this while still adhering to Bluetooth protocols. For you to be connected to both devices not using this you need to specifically find a set of BT headphones with two separate receivers that each can connect simultaneously to two devices.

Connect Bluetooth headset to watch & iPhone simultaneously?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.