Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Pro 2015 freezing on wake up?

Hello all,

At first I was highly impressed with my new Retina Macbook Pro, however in the first few weeks I am already starting to encounter some worrying issues. The first of which occurs when waking up the laptop and entering in my password it will sometimes freeze with a little beachball.... if i leave the machine for a while or open & close the lid, it will react as though the password was incorrect and select it all (so you can easily retype it). When i retype the password and press return it does nothing... If i attempt to press cancel or switch user it will change the colour of the icons and register the click has been made but does nothing. This leads to me being forced to shut down via holding the power button and often results in loss of work that I had been working on... very annoying to say the least. Any help on how to fix/aviod this issue would be greatly appreciated my system specs are below:

Yosomite Versino 10.10.3

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015)

2.7GHz Intel Core i5

16GB Ram

Intel iris 6100

At this rate my old white macbook is almost more reliable than my current device...

Thanks,

Side note: I have also had issues with connecting to wifi - googling has suggested that this is an issue with bluetooth however I use a bluetooth mouse, so any fixes to this?

Thanks again,

MacBook Pro with Retina display

Posted on Jun 30, 2015 12:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 30, 2015 12:16 AM

Try these steps:

- Shut down your Mac

- Wait until your computer turns off and after that press the Power button

- Right after you hear the startup tone, press and hold the Shift key

- Release the Shift key when you see a grey Apple sign and the progress bar below this sign

- Once you see Desktop, start a Disk Utility scan to detect and repair file system errors (don't forget to choose your main hard drive)

- Click on Verify Disk and then, if asked to fix problems, on Repair Disk

- After this, click on Verify Disk Permissions and then on Repair Disk Permissions

- After the process is finished, shut down your Mac and turn it back on after about 30 seconds

Apart from that, take a look at this Apple article and follow the instructions on Resetting NVRAM shown there:How to Reset NVRAM on your Mac - Apple Support

Try resetting the System Management Controller: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201295

Unfortunately, Wi-Fi issues on Yosemite is quite a common problem.

OSX Yosemite Wifi issues

Take a look at this article, hope it will help you (these steps work for OS X 10.10.3 as well):

http://osxdaily.com/2015/01/30/os-x-10-10-2-yosemite-wi-fi-problems/

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 30, 2015 12:16 AM in response to Not a clue what to do

Try these steps:

- Shut down your Mac

- Wait until your computer turns off and after that press the Power button

- Right after you hear the startup tone, press and hold the Shift key

- Release the Shift key when you see a grey Apple sign and the progress bar below this sign

- Once you see Desktop, start a Disk Utility scan to detect and repair file system errors (don't forget to choose your main hard drive)

- Click on Verify Disk and then, if asked to fix problems, on Repair Disk

- After this, click on Verify Disk Permissions and then on Repair Disk Permissions

- After the process is finished, shut down your Mac and turn it back on after about 30 seconds

Apart from that, take a look at this Apple article and follow the instructions on Resetting NVRAM shown there:How to Reset NVRAM on your Mac - Apple Support

Try resetting the System Management Controller: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201295

Unfortunately, Wi-Fi issues on Yosemite is quite a common problem.

OSX Yosemite Wifi issues

Take a look at this article, hope it will help you (these steps work for OS X 10.10.3 as well):

http://osxdaily.com/2015/01/30/os-x-10-10-2-yosemite-wi-fi-problems/

Macbook Pro 2015 freezing on wake up?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.