Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Icloud music library not activating

When I try to switch on Icloud Music Library it switches back off within a few seconds automatically.

I've tried all the methods so far: airplane mode, remove/add my account, reboot, closing Music app, disabling Wifi.

Country Romania.

I even contacted Apple Support, they had no idea about this..strange.

I see no error message, just the switch going back off by itself in a matter of seconds.

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 1, 2015 3:16 AM

203 replies

Jun 13, 2018 2:25 PM in response to mariusmuntean

It still doesn;t work as it should with the playlists, if I try to add a song via iTunes on the desktop it will delete the playlist I created on the iPhone, I read somewhere that this is an issue with iTunes MatchUser uploaded file

Jun 13, 2018 2:25 PM in response to mariusmuntean

Well it works now BUT, when I go to Settings > App and iTunes Store after 10-15 seconds I get an message saying that iTunes Match subscription has Expired and iTunes Cloud Music Library turns off again but I can turn it on back again.. seems to be a bug here?

Jul 1, 2015 10:25 AM in response to mariusmuntean

Hey there, fellow comrade. Don't bother anymore. iCloud Music Library is not available in Romania (yet). It is somewhat frustrating, because they were going to implement it with the new update, but it seems that they didn't do it. And I could understand them, as I heard some co-workers saying they would pay the subscription for 1 month, download all the songs they like to their devices and then pay no more. That's the romanian state of mind...

Jul 1, 2015 11:13 AM in response to Andrew Lane RO

Offline songs that were not also bought won't be available anymore if you stop paying the subscription so tehy can download all the library if they can, but when subscription payment is removed, so will the songs.As for the RO availability, some girl from Apple UK support told me that Romania is not restricted with icloud music library. Same answer got from US. That the account subscription activation process is going slow because of the high user traffic demand and coul last for several hours. I will try these days and then send an email to Apple to stop posting false info on their romanian website, where it says that offline availability is valid in Ro, in the Apple Music promo page.

Some are saying that this feature will come soon in Romania too...now, whom to believe...I do not know 🙂

Jul 1, 2015 11:30 AM in response to mariusmuntean

As far as paying the subscription goes, I am totally okay with that. It's just the fact that it's pretty cellular data consuming. I've listened (just to try it out) for about 15 minutes on my data and it got to about 160 megs. Imagine if you listen to it every day, for a couple of hours...

So I'm fine with the monthly 5 euros, as long as I can save the songs and play them offline. Thanks for the info, I'm gonna call them as well and pop the question again, because I've seen a Romanian blog (iDevice) which shows that iCloud Music Library is not available in RO, There's a screenshot from Apple's website. Maybe in the next couple of days it will all be sorted out.

All in all, I must applaud the initiative, I LOVE the idea of getting UNLIMITED free music for just 5 euros per month.

Jul 1, 2015 9:34 PM in response to mariusmuntean

Hello,

Hope the iCloud Music Library will work soon because is the only way this music service can be used.I'm from Romania too. I must say until now the way they give us information is so misleading.

First there is no warning on iPhone that you can't turn on the iCloud Music Library because we are in Romania (and is not available here). Such a bad user experience to tell me I just need to go in settings to turn it on and you do that like crazy for hours thinking maybe is jut a bug but is actually not working in our country.

Second is advertised on the official Music page in romanian language. http://www.apple.com/ro/music/membership/

I'm really curious what means "autentificare cu ID-ul Apple" versus "membrii Apple Music" << maybe will work only after we start to pay?

And 3rd on this page indeed Romania is not having "iTunes in the Cloud" iTunes in the Cloud, iTunes Match, and iTunes Radio availability - Apple Support

Though not sure is same as "iCloud Music Library" as iTunes in the cloud will let you "download again what you purchased"

Sure hope we don't need to wait 3 months to see if will work as supposed to work 😕

Jul 2, 2015 12:31 AM in response to mariusmuntean

I just talked to Apple Support and they confirmed that iCloud Music Library is not available in Romania. This basically leaves us with no options to personalize My Music - add songs to my Music, save for listening offline, create playlists, etc. Basically it reduces the functionality of the entire service completely. Furthermore, I just learned, that if you delete your music library - songs you have purchased - you are not allowed to download them again, you need to buy them again. It is rather disappointing to see that there are no warning signs about this when you subscribe. That being said, unless they fix this in the following 3 months, I will not subscribe to their service.

Jul 2, 2015 12:43 AM in response to victoralexandru

Same answer I've got. I won't subscribe after the 3 months to a service that is limited. Again this is not Apple's fault. It's our crappy laws that block these things so we have the government to thank for and the Media Record companies which refuse to sign these treaties with Apple. When will they understand that NO ONE WANTS CDs anymore!! It's all digital now.

So again thanks media pro, catmusic and other idiots who block media features from Apple and others!

Sorry Apple, but without the possibility to have offline songs, Apple Music is kind of useless in Romania where other services at same price offer all.

What can I say...I am very disappointed.

Jul 2, 2015 1:19 AM in response to mariusmuntean

Hello,

I was just talking too. The woman said that until now they were thinking is a "server too busy" issue and that should work. She said that a lot of people called with this issue and they realise now must be something else. She said to send her screenshots and she will send the case to engineers department. So to me she said iCloud Library should work in Romania and that she will get back to me next week on email or phone.

When I know more I will get back here to post, I did send already the screenshots.

Is strange that we received different information but I hope this will get resolved in a positive way.

Jul 2, 2015 2:41 AM in response to mariusmuntean

This is indeed very strange, that even Apple's people don't know if iCloud Music Library is or isn't available in Romania.

However I'd say it should be, or at least the features that are clearly mentioned on the official Apple Music RO page, like "Adaugă conținut Apple Music colecției tale", and "Salvează ca să asculți offline".

So far I don't know of anyone from RO that got this to work. I guess we'll have to wait a bit more to see what's the truth here.

Jul 2, 2015 3:29 AM in response to calin.s

I've seen some comments on idevice website in RO saying that they have it working but without any proof it's hard to believe.

Having a service promoted with one of the most important features unavailable is a total nonsense. No one from RO will pay for the subscription if indeed we won't be able to save songs for offline play, I mean seriously, pay 5EUR just for streaming when there are other services at the same price that do offer offline features??

I wasn't expecting from Apple to do such an obvious FALSE advertising to this service.

Jul 2, 2015 5:25 AM in response to victoralexandru

Victor iCloud music or iTunes match?

Here is a link with what features are available to every released country:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204956

iCloud Music is connected to your subscription and as long as you subscribe you will have access to these sort of features - music library in the cloud or the ability to make playlist with files from Apple Music (not DRM free files) - so I am guessing Apple has a problem with server overload. Overload that they might have sized it lower than it is - the whole planet is feeding from Apple servers and now for music on demand too.

DRM / iTunes Match reference:

http://www.imore.com/apple-music-vs-itunes-match-whats-difference

But surely there is a bit of confusion regarding why or what is iCloud Music Library and if this is available to Romania, hence Apple employers may have been misleading. I hope that this is the case as Apple Music is useless without iCloud Music Library tied to subscription and pointless to say a no go if it is not. At the moment you can do the same things with other services free of charge, so where is the benefit of using one or the other.

Fingers crossed this will end soon, as that little switch kills Apple Music for me and probably for all of you!

Jul 2, 2015 5:28 AM in response to mariusmuntean

Same issue here. I'm also from Romania and can't seem to get that working no matter what I do. It's a shame, really, because Apple's music library is vastly superior to Spotify's or Deezer's.

I want to be able to create playlists, but because of this issue, I'm not able to. So yeah, unless the iCloud Music Library becomes available in Romania, I see no reason to subscribe to the service after the three months trial period is over.

Icloud music library not activating

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.