Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot unfollow artists in Apple Music @Connect

iPhone 4s

When I go to @connect and follow some artists then I cannot unfollow them: their posts are still in my @connect feed. Besides, @connect says that I'm still following 10 artists but I'm not following anyone now. Please help!😢

iPhone 4S, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 1, 2015 8:54 AM

24 replies

Jul 1, 2015 9:00 AM in response to kulichkov

Sign out from your account in Settings and then sign back in.

Restart your phone.

Reset your phone.

• Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button
  • Press and hold on the Home button
  • Keep holding both buttons until the display turns off and back on with Apple logo on it.

Alternatively, you may go to Settings - General - Reset - Reset All Settings

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201559

Hope this helps!

Jul 1, 2015 10:44 AM in response to kulichkov

I am having the same issue. its driving me crazy. i tried all the following but nothing helped:

1. turned phone on and off

2. restarting the phone (home + sleep)

3. recovery mode didn't help either and just to be sure, the phone was never jailbreaked.

Im not even trying to backup 32GB then restoring the phone as new because im sure its a bug. i could then just simply restore the phone back from the backup but really, i dont have time nor the energy to do it.

And im not the only one. i know only 1 day just passed since the update but more people will be writing about this over the internet soon i guess. Its already on Reddit. So overall i guess its a bug and im willing to live with it but c'mon Apple 🙂

Hopefully it will be addressed otherwise i'll just disable it from the restrictions menu. And yes, im getting the same list of artists on iTunes on the PC although i already unfollowed them!!!

Cheers,

Alex

Jul 1, 2015 1:26 PM in response to kulichkov

Similar issue here. The default setting is "Automatically Follow Artists" so when I migrated over my Beats playlists (which I migrated from Spotify) it seems to have auto-followed every single one of the artists represented in each of those playlists and albums. I had 2000 of them! So now I am going in and manually "unfollowing" but it's taking a long time and the number isn't going down as quickly as it should. I'll unfollow 100 or so, and then the number shown won't decrease until I switch away from that screen, wait a few minutes, and go back. So now I am down to 1642. And it doesn't refresh the list of remaining artists to unfollow until I toggle that setting on and off again. I'm just going to ignore this now (and largely avoid the Connect tab) until Apple fixes this properly.

TL;DR: We need an "Unfollow All and Start Over" button. :-/

Jul 1, 2015 1:59 PM in response to kulichkov

I had the same problem. It doesn't seem like there is a way to do it on the phone yet. But I was able to unfollow artists on iTunes. Open iTunes, My Music, sort it by artist. Click on the first artist and you'll see their connect page pop up. You'll be a button that says FOLLOWING. Click that and it will unfollow that artist. Proceed down the list and repeat. Couldn't find a way to unfollow all en mass, but at least its a workaround until they get this fixed.

Also, make sure you have the newest iTunes (12.2).

Jul 1, 2015 3:58 PM in response to kulichkov

Did you ever choose to do the "Choose Artists For You" feature in the new Apple Music? Since I seem to suffering from the same issue (where I keep getting @connect updates from Artists I no longer follow) I think it might be that it keeps you updated on the artists you chose from the floating bubbles when accessing that feature. For example I get updates from the band Above & Beyond and yet their not included in the list of artists I follow when I click on the account icon (in the upper left-hand corner). So it might be something to keep in mind, possibly.

Cannot unfollow artists in Apple Music @Connect

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.