Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Maps cannot connect to the internet

I think since I updated to 8.4 Apple maps got messed up. It won't find anything. It does show where I am at the moment, but if I look for anything it will start "thinking" and then eventually it will say "Maps cannot connect to the internet". I've tried resetting the phone several times but that didn't work. This morning Apple maps was able to find places, but directions was the only thing I noticed that wasn't working - for example, I wasn't able to get route information, but it would find places. Now, it doesn't even find places, even when for example Starbucks is really close to my current location and it's marked as a place on apple maps, it will still not find it because of the "maps cannot connect to the internet message". I am connected to the internet, safari works fine, all my other apps work fine. Google Maps works perfectly fine for everything. Anyone else having this issue? Any advice??

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 1, 2015 12:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 1, 2015 1:22 PM

I have the same issue, I have used the map this morning, but its not working now sometimes I get this message "maps cannot connect to the internet message" and some other times I get this message "Direction Not Available Rout information is not available at the moment"

Please HELP

26 replies

Jul 1, 2015 2:14 PM in response to klaudia002

I'm having the same issue. However, it will search for location successfully when connected to Wi-Fi. It only fails when trying to go over the air using cellular data. I also find that dictation and sending picture message sales over the air but is successful over Wi-Fi. I've hard booted about half a dozen times, reset all privacy and location settings and reset all network settings. So far nothing has worked.

Jul 1, 2015 3:35 PM in response to Katelynepperson

I thought I was the only one having this issue older user here [iphone 4S 32gb with iOS 8.3] annoying having to copy/paste addresses to Google Maps, but at least it works... Why wasn't the original Google Maps app left in place before Apple decided to get into the map business, why not let US choose which to use.

Everytime there is a new "improvement" its a disaster

30 pin for life~~!!~~

Jul 1, 2015 3:53 PM in response to Wendler1968

Yep, I had this issue even before "down-grading" to 8.4.

Maps works on Wi-Fi not cellular (AT&T is the provider).

I was in NJ trying to get home (CT), I had to use the map portion of the app to find my way home...

You can see where you are (and which direction you are traveling) but, you have to look at the phone while driving.

Not safe!!! Nice one Apple...

Maps cannot connect to the internet

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.