Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 8.4 iMessage issues

Hello,

After the update I am having issues with iMessage on my iPhone 5s. I cannot send pictures anymore by iMessage (I receive the "Not Delivered" notification), only by text. I can send text though. I've restarted my phone 3 times and even done a hard reset.

Please advise.

Thanks!

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 1, 2015 12:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 2, 2015 7:34 AM

Same thing for me. I can't send media through iMessage since I updated yesterday to iOS 8.4.

Larry Brown

iphone 6, iOS 8.4

16 replies

Jul 7, 2015 9:40 AM in response to elisabethfrommarietta

Yes, after updating to 8.4 on my iPhone 6, there are troubles galore. People receive my messages via my iCloud account versus my phone number, regardless of the fact that I designated all messages to originate from my phone number. I can't send messages to non iMessage users (i.e. Windows/Droid owners) from my iPad even though I've sync'd through my iPhone. Very frustrating and annoying.

Jul 13, 2015 8:23 AM in response to elisabethfrommarietta

After updating to 8.4 iMessaging no longer opens using the icon, I can not send myself messages, pictures, etc. and when I go to forward a picture from my photos, the send option is not available. I've tried a good number of the fixes found on various reputable tech sites ranging from having Siri read me unread messages to messaging myself, messaging myself using Siri (She comes back that there was a problem and asks if I'd like to try again.) and forwarding photos to myself to soft boots. Nothing is working. The window to downgrading back to 8.3 is closed. Please allow us to downgrade or attend to this issue ASAP please.

Jul 14, 2015 1:45 PM in response to elisabethfrommarietta

I am having similar issues. I can send texts, but cannot include photos, but only for some people and not for others. And I can only choose from about 20 photos, even though I have about 1000 on my phone. When I try to send as text they just blank out. My phone worked perfectly last night. I updated to iOS 8.4 a few days ago, problems only started this morning.

Jul 16, 2015 4:01 AM in response to elisabethfrommarietta

My issue isn't just messages sent with media. Intermittently, I have been unable to receive or to send text messages. Doesn't matter if it's iMessage or SMS. I'm not getting an error and I'm not getting the not delivered exclamation point. The only thing I've noticed is if it's not working, it doesn't say delivered for the status. Likewise I'm not the only one I know having this problem. I have a 5C, and my friend has a 6, and both phones are having the same issues. I may have to restore back to the previous version if it all possible because this just isn't working for me, and honestly the new music stuff is not worth this much headache. I have a shut my phone off multiple times, I've tried deleting the old message and starting a new one, I have even done a hard reset to the phone and nothing seems to make any difference.

Jul 23, 2015 12:40 PM in response to elisabethfrommarietta

Has anyone gotten an answer back on any of these issues? I have the exact same problems I've had them for months now it seems since I've gotten my new iPhone 5s iPhone 5S. I've tried going to my service provider AT&T and they have no clue what's going on. This is the first time I've seen a post on here that matches what I've been having problems with so if anyone has any info please post!

Jul 29, 2015 1:19 PM in response to elisabethfrommarietta

I'm having a similar issue but mine are even worse. Two problems:

1) IMESSAGES NOT BEING DELIVERED: Last night I sent two iMessages to an iPhone 5 from my iPhone 6. Neither message appeared, despite iMessage reporting that they had been delivered. I sent a message from the iPhone 5 to my iPhone 6, which worked. And when I replied to that message, the reply reached the iPhone 5 but the two original messages did not.

2) SYNCING PROBLEMS: iMessages don't all sync between my iPhone and iPad. That used to work just fine before this update.

Does Apple monitor these threads? What's the solution to these problems?

Aug 10, 2015 3:09 PM in response to FrostyOfTheNorth

In addition to the "not delivered" picture issue*, I'm having a syncing issue where some iMessages are only coming through on my laptop and my iPhone is not "catching up"... has anybody else found a fix for this?

I've rebooted and de-registered and re-registered my iMessage on the iPhone. Text message forward is enabled.

*Incidentally, it seems as though I'm getting a false "not delivered" as contacts are complaining of receiving my picture messages multiple times.

iOS 8.4 iMessage issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.