Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes 12.2: 'iTunes server could not be contacted'

With iTunes 12.2 and Windows 8.1: When selecting the "Check for Updates" option from the Help menu, a message box appears stating "The iTunes server could not be contacted. Please check your Internet connection, or try again later." The issue is not with the Internet connection, it is functioning properly.

Posted on Jul 1, 2015 3:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 2, 2015 1:34 AM

I have the same on two PC s.

25 replies

Jul 3, 2015 3:09 PM in response to cdub619

I'm on a Mac from many years, and I always had to fight to get thing work the way I want. I have enough now. I strongly suggest to quit iTunes forever and switch to some alternative. There's nothing iTunes can do that other software can't. Compatibility with iPhone or other fancy stuff? Bullsxxt. If we don't boycott Apple, well then Apple will always joke with our patience and impose us what to use and actions we can and we can't do.

Personally, this is my last day with iTunes.

Jul 4, 2015 7:32 PM in response to cdub619

I had a similar issue using Windows 7 and not being able to connect to the store. I deleted itunes, deleted registry files, even mucked around with rules in Windows Firewall. What actually worked was simple. I am an administrator on my PC but for some reason, iTunes was not running as administrator. Right click the itunes.exe file, go to properties, where it says run compatable with....just down under that is "run as administrator". Now iCloud and iTunes work fine. Hope this helps anyone with an "error 5" as I have had no itunes store for months. I guess buying a new iPad helped to motivate me 🙂

Jul 4, 2015 8:28 PM in response to cdub619

I'm Glad to at least see that other people are having similar problems with 12.2 and it's not just my computer or something I was doing wrong~

= Have other people also had trouble with itunes freezing for a minute or two when you try to do something? - I went under "Get Info" For a song to capitalize a few of the letters in a title to a few different songs, and each time iTunes freezes before it eventually performs the task.

- Also have other people had problems with their artist list not being in correct alphabetical order? on my sidebar column on the left, the artists are not listed alphabetically, however the corresponding albums and artists ARE listed correctly on the right column. ???

Why does Apple insist on completely screw up their user interface every time they come out with an iTunes Software upgrade? What was wrong with the old version. At least give users the option of sticking to the older version if it works for them, don't force everyone to upgrade!

iTunes 12.2: 'iTunes server could not be contacted'

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.