Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

unlock icloud

The iCloud of my ipad is associated to an email that is not valid any more(I unscribed that email), and I can not do anything such as login out beacuse it request me the id,

what should I do?

iPad

Posted on Jul 1, 2015 4:53 PM

21 replies

Jul 1, 2015 5:48 PM in response to alpin23

I am so sorry for not paying attention since I was so excited about the iCloud problem, my apologies. Did you use a backup email address by chance?

I have done this by accident because I lost an email account and only saved it by using the backup email. Can you recover the old email account at all?

I have been told that I would have to start over by Apple support if I lost my backup.

Jul 1, 2015 6:00 PM in response to alpin23

Yes, if you did not use another email or phone number to recover the ID then you might not be able to use that ID at all. If you are able to log in to the iPad you can simply add a new ID to it but you will not be able to take the old one off. This is done to prevent theft. You might be able to restore it with a computer after 90 days but I am not sure about this.

Jul 1, 2015 6:01 PM in response to alpin23

The e-mail address is your Apple user account and has no bearing to your e-mail address.

If the Apple ID is yours then use the iforgot link.

If you have the original receipt then make an appointment with Apple genius

If your device is second hand, get the original owner Apple ID & password.

If none above then you got a brick.

unlock icloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.