Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Just updated to ios 8.4. Wifi issues still not fixed for me. If anything, it is worse.

Just updated to ios 8.4. Wifi issues are still not fixed. If anything, they're worse.

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 2, 2015 3:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 2, 2015 4:39 PM

I guess the problem isn't iOS, then. But without knowing what your WiFi problems are it's impossible to help you fix them.

17 replies

Jul 2, 2015 4:51 PM in response to Lawrence Finch

This was just a quick post from my iphone. I realize it's not a question. I saw lots of other people posting that they are still having wifi issues as well, even after the 8.4 release. I guess it was mainly in hopes of Apple seeing it and considering that there are still issues. I've tried reset network

settings and tons of other suggedtions that i've read on various threads.

Jul 2, 2015 5:07 PM in response to Lawrence Finch

Wifi on my 5s is slow or loses connection completely. Once I turn off wifi and use LTE, then internet/ facebook etc works fine. My home connection is a business speed connection and I don't have the issues on the ipad. Reset network settings, changed DNS , reset the phone and made a phone call to Apple support. Told me to download the new update. I didn't play with any router settings, as I was afraid to mess something up.

Jul 3, 2015 8:36 AM in response to Lawrence Finch

8.4 does have wi-fi issues. I upgraded on Wednesday and when I rebooted my iPad Thursday morning, the wi-fi failed to connect on my home network.

Like the original poster, I've checked the settings numerous times, re-entered the password and nothing works. I was about to reset my ipad back to factory settings but once I inserted the cable something happened and it worked all day. I wasn't going to push the matter any. However, once I turned it on this morning, the same issue.... As I'm looking at my iPad screen right now, it is searching for the router which is only 6 inches away. Signal strength is not an issue and never has been.

Everything else that is connected to the same router works flawlessly.

Jul 6, 2015 9:59 AM in response to triboxerdiva

I have been having an issue with wfi repeatedly disconnecting from my home network since 8.1....it is most certainly NOT resolved by the 8.4 update. Works great if I am sitting on top of my router. The issue is not the router since all other devices work great - have 3 computers (PC, laptop both running windows, MacBook Pro), 2 smart phones and a Galaxy tablet. None of them disconnect - only the ipad. Have tried all of the online fixes I can find and am about ready to throw the piece of junk in the pool.

Jul 6, 2015 10:20 AM in response to Lawrence Finch

Yes, problem persists after router rebooted - it's been rebooted so many times I'm sure I can do it in my sleep.

Yes, have checked router filtering. Nothing is being blocked.

Yes, router firmware is up to date.

Disconnects while in use. Typically I can use for about an hour and then it disconnects. Able to reconnect easily if I move next to the router and use it there.

Just updated to ios 8.4. Wifi issues still not fixed for me. If anything, it is worse.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.