Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I repeat only one song in the new Apple Music app?

Hi, I have recently updated my iPhone 6 to the iOS 8.4 and it now comes with a brand-new look Apple Music app. I love it but I don't know how to play my one favourite song on repeat because I couldn't find any repeat buttons like the ones in the previous versions of the Apple Music app.

iPhone 6, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 2, 2015 4:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 9, 2017 5:11 PM

I know this has been answered so I am just answering because I was searching and thought I would add a screen shot for anyone who might have a hard time. So I had to scroll down a bit once expanding the player

User uploaded file

53 replies

Aug 5, 2017 9:09 PM in response to 93fd3s

Hi! Good day. Hope this will help.... tap once the song you are currently playing from the bottom of the page. You should see something like the first picture below. Then when you see something similar to the first pic, touch the screen, hold and move up and you will see other options such as shuffle, repeat, lyrics and list of songs. See second picture please for reference. Thanks 😊User uploaded fileUser uploaded file

Feb 6, 2017 5:06 PM in response to Faeezter

Because the staff working to improve ios gets sooo bored and before getting enough feedback on changes, they implement the updates. they get payed for it so why not....

me(i have apple products for the past 10 years,iphones,ipads) and most others like me, on our time off, we need to do research and educate ourselves to try to figure out why the music is not easily handled, why itunes are almost impossible to use if you did not update for more then a few months, why you need to authorize your own pc in order to access your own iphone. BUT... you can only authorize up to 5 and if you already de-authorized all, but you need to do it again, you're out of luck. gotta wait a year.

now this hidden option... they couldn't fit the repeat/shuffle shortcut on the same screen with apple play icon and the 3 dots icon?

apple use to be primary choice for anti-technology segment market, because it still has one of the most user friendly inteface.

Did that just get out of style?

but wait... if you dont like it, apple wants to know about it.

so take an hour, figure out the link to feedback, create an account, input your info and then tell apple you're so annoyed with the new update, so that way you can get a compassionate email back with no change in the ios

lets see what else can you guys(staff) think of?

surprise me!

ahhh.....

😠😠😠😠

Mar 27, 2017 2:31 AM in response to Faeezter

I was so frustrated with this and then found the answer through trial and error. I went to the settings and clicked on Display & Brightness, then switched my Display Zoom from "Zoomed" view, to "Standard" view. I was then able to follow the steps that others took. I guess the zoomed view didn't allow for the shuffle and repeat to show up on the screen for some reason. I hope this works for someone else.

Jul 8, 2015 7:28 PM in response to TT97

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!! I've been searching through forums looking for an answer, and almost everyone's conclusion is that it doesn't exist. But I knew that couldnt be true. I had "repeat song" turned on before I did the updates, and it saved my settings with the new user interface, so "repeat song" was already turned on. It's been driving me crazy for days because, not only am I trying to get accustomed to the new UI, but the same @$?&!#%! song keeps playing over and over. Lol. Anyway, thank you for solving the mystery for me. And for anyone else still confused…just touch the title of the song at the bottom of the screen, and drag it up.

Aug 5, 2015 9:45 AM in response to rsn1024

I don't know why they do what they do but.... I did find the answer by accident! In the play screen, at the bottom of the page are icons. Going from left to right, third icon over, 2 "arrows" on top of each other. Tap it and it goes gray (haven't figured out what that does) but tap it again, stays grey with a small icon above it. Voila...you are there! Hope this helps someone and saves them a few hours of their life!

How do I repeat only one song in the new Apple Music app?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.