Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't sync ipod w/ 12.2.0.145 (Win7)

Hello -

Just updated to 12.2.0.145 on Win7. Can someone tell me how to sync my iPods? Windows recognizes them, but iTunes does not - neither of them show up at ll in iTunes.

Thanks.

iPod classic, Windows 7, 12.2.0.145

Posted on Jul 3, 2015 3:38 PM

8 replies

Jul 4, 2015 8:03 PM in response to mtriplett

iTunes still doesn't acknowledge either of two ipods, so niether can be synced. I've tried every patch/fix/workaround I've been able to find on the forums, etc. but still no luck. Windows is recognizing both ipods. Also getting the '...server cannot be contacted...' message that others re getting. So far all files are playing back correctly, all playlists are intact and I was able to purchase/download an album today. But we sure would like to add that album to our ipods...

Jul 6, 2015 5:48 AM in response to mtriplett

A new development, but basically still stuck:

1) *new step* exported existing library via File->Library->Export Library

2) uninstalled itunes, apple support update, apple mobile support, bonjour, apple app support

2) *new step* renamed existing itunes folder "itunes_original"

3) reinstalled 12.2.0.145

4) *new step* re-added all music, video, etc. via Files->add folder to library

5) *new step* imported previous library via File->Library->Import Playlist

---------------

6) The result was goofy (some files missing, playlists missing files, etc.), so I a) quit itunes then reverted to the original setup by b) renaming the new itunes folder "itunes_corrupt" then c) renaming the "itunes_original" folder to "itunes".

--------------

7) re-launched itunes to verify all was as it should be.

8) attached ipod classic #1, WHICH ITUNES RECOGNIZED, but would not sync... "The ipod "XXX" cannot be synced because it cannot be found" and I was unable to either click on the the device icon or explore the device menu...

9) ...nor was I able to restore... "the ipod "XXXX" could not be restored. An unknown error has occurred (1437)".

--------------

10) #8 & #9 happened with both of our ipods.

11) now, again, when either ipod is attached windows will recognize, but itunes will not.

-------------

-------------

Has anyone else had a similar expereience and been able to fix your way out of it?

Thanks.

Jul 8, 2015 5:52 AM in response to gyrlonfilm

Thanks for the input.

I've tried every suggestion, procedure, etc. I've been able to find in this and other forums, and still no luck. At this point I've resigned myself to waiting for Apple to issue the next update. Hopefully that will correct the issues all of us itunes users are having. Until then, I'll accept the fact that any new music I purchase won't be portable.

Cheers.

Jul 13, 2015 5:49 AM in response to mtriplett

Two more symptoms:

1) Occasionally iTunes will not launch at all. When it won't launch properly, I have to re-start Windows in order to get iTunes to run. I think the application might not be completeling closing when I exit, and is then unable to restart becuase of this, but thta's speculation. Regardless, playing around with this led me discovering #2...

2) Windows doesn't like shutting down or restarting after I've run iTunes - I have to do a 'hard reboot" (i.e., w/ power button). If I don't run iTunes, Windows shuts down/restarts just fine. I ruled out this being a Windows issue by having a Microsoft tech do a couple system scans. All Windows components check out just fine (no corrupt files).

Still hoping for a fix...

Can't sync ipod w/ 12.2.0.145 (Win7)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.