Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I unlink Apple I.D.

HHow do I unlink Apple I.D. In IPhone 6

iPad, iOS 7.0.3

Posted on Jul 3, 2015 8:40 PM

12 replies

Jul 4, 2015 5:32 AM in response to sberman

Thanks for reply. NO. My husband bought a new IPhone 6. He used his gmail email account, which is his main email account, as his Apple I.D. Then he changed his Apple I.D. to a new iCloud email account, but Apple doesn't allow him to delete the old I.D., the gmail email. So now when he wants to add it to iMessage or Face Time as another account to be reached at, it gives him an error stating this account is already in use. in trying to resolve the problem, Apple instructions are to remove the gmail I.D. from Game Center, iTunes or other services. Well, it's not linked to the first 2, & we don't know what other services it might possibly be linked to. Then the second Apple instruction is to Unlink The Apple I.D. & we're not sure how to do that.

Jul 4, 2015 1:12 PM in response to Marabina67

I'm confused. Here's the way I read your remarks:

• Your husband purchased a new iPhone 6.
  • He used his gmail account as his Apple ID.
  • He set up FaceTime and iMessage on his iPhone 6 using this gmail Apple ID.
  • He then changed his Apple ID to a newly created iCloud email address.
  • (Here comes the really confusing part...) He attempted to add this iCloud email address to FaceTime and iMessage (and failed) ???
  • ... or perhaps he tried deleting the gmail address from FaceTime and iMessage first? Not a good idea.

See the following:

Change your Apple ID - Apple Support

Manage your Apple ID email addresses - Apple Support

Jul 4, 2015 3:15 PM in response to Marabina67

I suggest the following:

Use your husband/s Apple ID to sign on to this page in a web browser:

https://appleid.apple.com/account/manage

Go to the main page, labelled "Name, ID, and Email Addresses" on the left. There you will see various headers, including:

• Apple ID and Primary Email Address
  • Alternate Apple ID
  • Alternate Email Addresses

Are those all set up correctly and verified?

I use my Apple ID (primary email address), which is not a "icloud.com" address, along with the Alternate Email Address (which is an "iCloud.com" address) simultaneously as FaceTime and iMessage addresses. I don't know if an Alternate Apple ID and Apple ID can be used simultaneously.

How do I unlink Apple I.D.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.