Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

mms option in setting missing

After upgrade to ios 8.4, I can t send MMS, I even dont have option to enable MMS messaging?!! Where are settings gone? Under SMS/MMS options I have only two options: Character Count and Blocked. Where is MMS Messaging button gone? I try reset network settings and restart IPhone but no effect. Anyone?

iPhone 6, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 6, 2015 9:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 9, 2015 9:38 AM

OK. I solved my problem and I dont know how. 🙂. My friend send me MMS message and sudenly MMS settings gonne back to normal. Now I have again all settings for MMS. I tryed everything anyone suggested...nothing helped, now simple MMS I recived on my Iphone put everything back to normal. WIerd. Apple..fix that ****. 😟

28 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 9, 2015 9:38 AM in response to Onsightclimb

OK. I solved my problem and I dont know how. 🙂. My friend send me MMS message and sudenly MMS settings gonne back to normal. Now I have again all settings for MMS. I tryed everything anyone suggested...nothing helped, now simple MMS I recived on my Iphone put everything back to normal. WIerd. Apple..fix that ****. 😟

Jul 8, 2015 5:27 PM in response to Onsightclimb

OK, so i just spent over 2 hours on the phone with apple.

Tried every possible thing and nothing helped. finally we did 3way conversation with my carrier provider - wind mobile (which is not authorized carrier).

He suggested to remove the SIM card and turn off the phone for a minute, turn it back on and put SIM back into the phone. I got it back MMS on/off switch is back. tried to remove SIM on wife's phone, since she had same problem - it didn't work.

SO you have to:

1. back up and restore from iTunes.

2. remove SIM, turn phone off for 1 minute.

3. turn phone back on and insert the SIM card.

Good luck!

Dec 31, 2016 7:27 PM in response to Onsightclimb

In case anyone is still trying to figure this out - cause I had the same issue...the problem is the APN settings with the carrier. I was able to send MMS messages before, i've only had the issue in the past 3-4 days where it was giving me an error message saying that I needed to turn on MMS messaging, but I had no issues last week and I didn't even have that option in my phone settings for turning on MMS so I didn't know what was going on. I had friends trying to text me pictures too and I never got them, and they never got error messages so they assumed I had received their text messages, which I didn't. I started thinking maybe it was that Wind Mobile, who i'm with, recently changed their name to Freedom Mobile and maybe it caused issues, so I called them. Super awesome agent who helped me and now my phone is working again and I have the MMS button where it's supposed to be. I'm assuming there was some kind of update that happened and it messed up the APN settings or something - I didn't set it up myself in the first place, so i'm not sure, but anyways, anyone who is with Wind/Freedom Mobile, here is what you need to do:

(I have an Iphone 6S...i don't know if this will work with other Iphones...if it doesn't then just call them and ask them what the settings should be)

1) Go to your settings, select "Cellular", then select "Celullar Data Options", then "Cellular Data Network"

2) Under the MMS heading, enter the following information:

APN: MMS.windmobile.ca

MMSC: http://mms.windmobile.ca

MMS Proxy: 74.115.197.70:8080

3) Power off your phone, wait at least 30 seconds, then turn your phone back on.

That's it!! You should be able to send MMS messages by doing that. The rep had me test it out after restarting my phone (she called me back 2-3 minutes later to double check), by texting a friend who had an android, to see if it worked and it did. On top of that, now when I go in my settings, that MMS on/off button that was missing before is now there in my settings. 🙂 Here is a screen shot of the above too, just cause i'm so happy my picture messaging is working that I want to post a picture. Hahaha. Thanks to this forum because if it wasn't for a previous poster, I wouldn't have known to call my carrier to get this fixed, I was going to go to the apple store to get someone to check my phone, thinking it was an Iphone issue. This was way easier. Hopefully this helps someone else too!! Happy New Year everyone!! 🙂

User uploaded file User uploaded file

Jul 8, 2015 7:23 AM in response to Onsightclimb

Hello Onsightclimb,

After reviewing your post, it sounds like the option to turn on and off MMS is missing from settings. It looks like you have already done some troubleshooting. I would recommend that you read this article, it may be able to help the issue.

If you can't send or receive messages on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Restart your device and check for updates

1. Restart your device.
  2. Check for a carrier settings update.
  3. Check for an iOS software update.

Back up and restore your device

Use iTunes or iCloud to back up your content, then restore your device.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Have a nice day,

Mario

Jul 8, 2015 9:20 AM in response to mario49

I already restart device, I update ios software. So...??

I must say that back up and restore device is very "poor" solution for most problems with apple software. Every time I have any problem with IOS software or read about others problems...every time "back up and restore". But if you do that, then maybe this problem will be solved, but you get two or more problems after restore: apps wont update anymore after restore...and so on.

Apple...that kind of problems...with that reputation...should not afford that.

TNX for answer but...not help me at all.

Jan 9, 2017 6:44 AM in response to Onsightclimb

For missing MMS option in iPhone 6 plus, in settings tap Mobile Data, tap Mobile Data Option, below Voice, tap Mobile Data Network, below Mobile Data APN, type the Service Provider Net, e.g, bsnlnet- below MMS, type mms & so on...reset and repeat-switch off the iphone handset, wait for a minute and switch on. Go to Setting and check the above.

If the settings are found in order, go back to Onscreen and go to Settings-scroll down to the Messages and tap, there you will find the MMS Option -checked or unchecked preference...User uploaded fileUser uploaded file

Jan 20, 2017 7:38 AM in response to mario49

I'm on the latest iOS version 10.2 and my iPhone 7 Plus doesn't have the MMS option to turn on and under cellular data I don't have any option to cellular data network either, I also check on my wife's iPhone 6S and it is the same problem no options of any kind to enable MMS, we can send pictures using iMessage but regular messaging pictures to non iOS users are not an option I want to know why not working anymore when just a few months a go i was able to do so!?

Apr 17, 2017 6:28 PM in response to Onsightclimb

Same with me, I couldn't find MMS when I went into "settings" then "messages" and there was no way in **** I was going to be on the phone with apple just for them to say something stupid like "try holding your lock button and home button down at the same time" then having to be on hold and transferred a bunch of times. (from past experience) Here's what worked for me:
I went to "settings" then "cellular" "cellular data options" "cellular data network" then I scrolled down to MMS and noticed some fields weren't filled in. So I typed into google "Wind mobile mms settings iPhone 6" (of course you'd have to put in your service provider) and a list came up of what I had to fill out. For some reason when I updated my phone all of that deleted. So ya to anyone who sees this, hope I helped. 🙂

mms option in setting missing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.