Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud status waiting???

I signed up for Apple Music (using the library off my wife's iMac because that one was much smaller than on my iMac). And aside from the metadata being changed everything seems working well (can see all the music and play lists on both iMacs and the one iPhone that I set up for Apple music so far).

Anyway, when I go to My Music and I have set up a column in the Songs listing to show "iCloud Status" I still have quite a few songs that say "Waiting".

Any ideas of how to get them moving? I have tried closing and restarting iTunes, have tried "updating the Library" and have tried restarting the iMac itself.

Thanks.

Posted on Jul 6, 2015 4:23 PM

30 replies

Apr 7, 2017 12:11 PM in response to Cobbyco

I am having similar issues without any resolution. I have a library of 53,000 songs and 22,600 are "waiting". I have been trying to upload for a week now. I have tried all the suggestions here without any changes.

Many of my local library songs that are stuck in "waiting" status are live, bootlegs concerts, radio shows, etc.

I have a friend who has some of these same concerts/radio shows and his seemed to upload to the cloud fine.

I know that patience is a virtue, but how long are we talking. I have tried to update my library, (file > Library > update iCloud library) and it spins away for days, but no progress is showing and the same 22,600 songs are still "waiting".

Apr 7, 2017 11:53 PM in response to lauren_wise

Hi,

Sometimes tracks get partially uploaded when the matching process is interrupted.

I suggest that you create a new blank library and then sign into iTunes and turn on iCloud music library. You will see everything that has been matched or uploaded. If the problem track appear (light grey), the upload process has stalled. Delete those tracks, they will not be deleted from your original library and when you revert to that library, the iCloud status will be "removed". You can now try adding to iCloud music library library, select a small number at a time.

Jim

Apr 8, 2017 6:34 AM in response to Jimzgoldfinch

Thanks for the reply, Jim. I will try your suggestion, although it is a sad commentary that Apple somehow considers this a reasonable solution.

Couple of things I noticed while watching the iCloud match progress at the top right of my iTunes window. It says something like:

"Uploading to iCloud music Library.

Song 1504 of 23,456 Waltz for Debbie Bill Evans."

Once it is done with that, the song is still listed with a dotted cloud icon and "waiting" in my library and doesn't appear on my other devices.

It is difficult to determine if this process is working and incredibly slow or stuck.

Apr 9, 2017 4:45 AM in response to lauren_wise

Hi -

I'm having similar issues - my iMac has uploaded the 6777 of the 17,000 music files marked as waiting, something like 4 times now.

And thats without errors or interruptions. Its like its in some kind of cycle - anyone seen this?

Of course it takes about 2 days to do this - its enormously frustrating.

That and the fact that I have about 2,200 of my library now marked as Apple Music files - I've only been subscribing to the service for about 4 months, and some of the files formats are not even recognised by Apple Music - 192Khz 24bit aiff files ... My OCD is in full blow mode at the moment.

Apr 9, 2017 5:49 AM in response to ungawa61

Yeah, I have tried everything. Everytime I turn off icloud music library and turn it back on and resync, the number of waiting songs goes UP. It gets worse every time.

This is definitely and OCD thing for me, too. Very frustrating. I have tried every single thing I have found to make this work and yet more than half of my 55,000 songs are "waiting"

Apr 10, 2017 10:58 AM in response to lauren_wise

lauren_wise wrote:

Thanks for the reply, Jim. I will try your suggestion, although it is a sad commentary that Apple somehow considers this a reasonable solution.

Hi,

This was not Apple's suggestion. It is just a possible solution to your issue. I had a problem with waiting tracks and using an alternative library, I found some tracks that were not properly uploaded. Deleting them then re-adding solved the problem.

HAve you tried my suggestion?

Jim

Apr 10, 2017 11:13 AM in response to Jimzgoldfinch

Not yet, but I am going to tonight. I talked to apple this weekend and they said to just wait it out because the process takes a long time. But, after five days, I have the same number of songs with "waiting" status. My icloud spinner is still spinning away, but I don't think there as any progress (no network activity, no change in library status.

My comment was more about Apple charging monthly for a very broken process that doesn't work for thousands of people and that industrious people like you have to find these kind of solutions to make it work.

Apr 11, 2017 4:23 PM in response to lauren_wise

Everything finally loaded on the clean blank library. 19,727 songs were greyed out, so I deleted them all. I opened up my regular library, but everything was the same....the same songs were "waiting". In other words, the iCloud status for these songs was not "removed". At this point I'm not sure where to turn. Apple isn't any help and I've tried everything on all the forums.

Apr 11, 2017 4:39 PM in response to lauren_wise

Oh no - Thats so frustrating - I'm observing your progress as a mirror of mine a few days ahead!

I finally stopped the cycle of constant uploading with about 2,000 songs now still "waiting".

My issue is a lot of the "waiting" songs are from CD's I no longer have - so the only alternative (even if the deletion works) is that they will be added to the 2,700 Apple Music files Apple now owns, the majority of which were mine before I subscribed to this service. ug.

Apr 11, 2017 11:39 PM in response to lauren_wise

Hi,

I would have expected the iCloud status to change from waiting to removed. I am running out of suggestion but try closing iTunes then reopen and make sure that the iCloud music library has been connected.

As last resort, I suggest that you delete the waiting tracks (make sure you have a back up of all your music). Select update iTunes library and make sure process has completed. The select a small number of tracks at a time. Very time consuming.

Jim

Apr 12, 2017 4:49 AM in response to Jimzgoldfinch

Jim-

I have tried so many iterations of the log out or sign out or turn off iCloud library at this point!

That was my thought, too, though (about removing the songs completely and adding them back). It is daunting because we are talking 19,700 "waiting" tracks that I will need to find and set aside in my local music library so I can add them back until I find the ones that are sticking. I feel like this is all being caused by a small number of tracks that apple music just can't get past. It would be great if there was some sort of log about what it is really doing instead of just a vague spinning circle saying"matching remaining music and artwork" that runs for days without any effect.

Sounds like a good project for a rainy weekend, I guess, or just use apple music as a streaming service and turn of iCloud music library. Maybe apple will give me a discount since I can't use the service as intended? Might not hold my breath for that.

iCloud status waiting???

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.