Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I play all songs from one artist?

For artists I only have two albums, I can play all songs. So if the last song of album #1 was played, the first song of album #2 is played. That's fine.

But when I have more than two albums of an artist in my apple music, I can only repeat one song or one album. If the last song of one album was played, the next song played is first song of the same album and not the first song of the next album. How can I play all songs from one artist?

iPhone 5, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 7, 2015 2:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 5, 2017 11:17 PM

Actually factually incorrect. Clicking on the artist loads their individual albums and you can only select songs from individual albums. I don't want to shuffle 7 albums that have a beggining middle and end, I don't want to stop and open a new album every time one finishes. I'd love to be able to use my music app like I used to and listen to ALL the music from an artist WITHOUT shuffling it all to ****. Shape up Apple, the last 3 years have been a disaster for your products and your ridiculous lack of customer support is forcing people away from your product. (I'm writing on a forum of Apple product USERS, no one on here is an Apple employee, what a farce) so again thanks for ruining something that worked and completely handing responsibility to your customers.

Glad I have my SAMSUNG!

37 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 5, 2017 11:17 PM in response to KGriff

Actually factually incorrect. Clicking on the artist loads their individual albums and you can only select songs from individual albums. I don't want to shuffle 7 albums that have a beggining middle and end, I don't want to stop and open a new album every time one finishes. I'd love to be able to use my music app like I used to and listen to ALL the music from an artist WITHOUT shuffling it all to ****. Shape up Apple, the last 3 years have been a disaster for your products and your ridiculous lack of customer support is forcing people away from your product. (I'm writing on a forum of Apple product USERS, no one on here is an Apple employee, what a farce) so again thanks for ruining something that worked and completely handing responsibility to your customers.

Glad I have my SAMSUNG!

Feb 4, 2017 9:44 PM in response to Querk

I have almost the exact same problem, but I want to play all of the songs from one artist in the order they appear. I hate the shuffle feature. Is there anyway I can start with the first song on the first album and play them all of the way through to the last song on the last album and have them repeat without shuffling them? I have over 4,000 songs. For most of my songs, I have them in the exact order I like them played. I cannot create new playlists. If I can't do this, can I switch back to the old version?

Mar 3, 2017 9:20 AM in response to Kevin 269

Honestly, I know this gets said a lot, but if everyone who comes across this thread goes to http://www.apple.com/feedback/ and gives Apple some feedback they might actually listen. I've been giving feedback on issues I feel strongly about for years and it does seem that Apple listens.

For instance: once a major OS release came out (I think it was Snow Leopard) and they broke this basic functionality where you could click and drag a file, and simultaneously hit CMD+` on the keyboard to cycle through windows to drop your file into... and it drove me absolutely crazy. So I left them feedback (as I assume did others) and it was one or two iterations later when the functionality came back.

This is one of many instances where this has happened at Apple. My personal belief is that the company is getting to be very bloated, and as teams of software engineers move onto new projects or retire, a new guard comes along who will tend to break and subsequently overlook subtleties that may not be so subtle to others. Case in point: this obvious need to be able to play an artist's entire catalog in order of date, and not just alphabetical song order (because who on the planet wants to listen to Pink Floyd out of order!?).

Feedback- let Apple know 😉

Feb 28, 2017 6:19 PM in response to Querk

Has anyone noticed that this has been discussed since 2015 and it still hasn't been fixed? To me it seems like Apple doesn't really care about the consumers wants... but then again we should all have figured this out with all the terrible decisions that have been made... for example getting rid of a headphone jack... the initial switch to the lightening cable... the in ability to have basic customizations on your phone... just my two cents...

Mar 3, 2017 4:20 AM in response to Bigtaytay5150

Yes, but they are listed alphabetically, not in order of album as I have them conveniently in iTunes on my MacBook. Any solution to this? I have some artists where I have some 'Albums' that are just single songs or just a few, like a single release; I would like to listen to an artist's work in order of release while on a drive, but not necessarily with the forethought to have created a playlist for each & every one. Any solution to the alphabetical listing? Otherwise your solution is great.

Aug 7, 2017 9:24 AM in response to KGriff

This doesn't work on my iPad. Running iOS 10.3.3.

All clicking on the artist's picture does is show all the albums from that artist on the right hand side of the screen. There is no option to get all the music by that artist to start playing.

Is this answer out of date? Is there any way to shuffle through all the songs by a single artist without creating a playlist?

In addition, is there any way to display the albums within an artist by year instead of by name? Currently they are sorted by name in my iPad and there doesn't seem to be a way to change it.

Jul 7, 2015 2:59 AM in response to Querk

In the My Music section of the app, you can sort the display using the top centre menu which contains a list of Artists/Albums/Genres/Songs/Compilations etc.

Select Artists, if it is not selected already and all the Artists in your library are shown on the left of the screen on the ipad or below on the iPhone. Simply click the photo to left of artists name and it will play all the music by that artist.

You can shuffle or repeat things in the 'now playing' screen which is available by clicking a blank space along the bar near the bottom of the screen next to the play/pause/next track buttons. The shuffle/repeat functions are at the bottom left side.

Jul 7, 2015 4:47 AM in response to KGriff

OK, thanks for the answer. This will play all songs from the artist but always starts with the first album. If I want to start with a different album from the artist, I need to click on the three little dots to see the next titles of the artist and then select the title from the album I want to listen to. That's very unhandy.... Or is there a different way? It would be easier to just go to the album I want to listen to, select a track and then all titles fromt he artist would be repeated...

Sep 2, 2015 8:54 AM in response to KGriff

Once you have selected the Artist you want to listen to, you can arrange in what songs they will be played,

regardless of what album they are on.

Once a song starts playing, select it and it pops up in full screen.

the the right of the <forward> icon is another icon that looks like 3 bullets.

Click on that icon. This will pull up all the songs.

Select the first song you want on the list and press down on the little hamburger

looking icon all the way to the right and hold down for a few seconds and now just move up

and down and drop wherever you want it on the playlist.

Hope this helps.

J

How can I play all songs from one artist?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.