Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"Updating locked default button"

So I was a victim of the horrendous Apple Music update - all the ratings lost on my purchased music, which then messes up a lot of carefully curated playlists. Now all those tracks have the grey circle next to them on my device, but they seem to play alright (from the cloud??) so I'm not going to worry too much about that. BUT I rewound to the previous version of iTunes because I'm not prepared to risk having it all messed up again. That worked fine the other day - iTunes library on MacBook Pro seemed ok, Apple Music app on iPhone may well contain numerous errors but we'll have to wait and see.

The issue is that this morning I clicked to open iTunes and I get an 'App store' type button which says 'Updating_locked_title' 'Updating_locked_message' 'Updating_locked_default_button'. If i click it, it disappears, but iTunes won't open.

Apple support have been completely clueless about this and the previous issues... the answer to everything is 'back it all up, restore'. That takes forever and I'm just worried that I'm flailing around randomly from one disaster to the next. No doubt the simple solution to this would probably be to go to the App store and update iTunes to 12.2.2. But I think that, along with updating the iPhone to 8.4, is what got me in this mess in the first place! I would much rather wait a few months now until Apple have ironed out all the issues they should have ironed out before release.

So has anyone else come across that message?

Posted on Jul 7, 2015 4:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 7, 2015 6:36 AM

Hi Jon,

i had the same issue this morning after doing an update on my OS, the solution to this is to do an update on itunes, the pop up disappeared and itunes opened fine with all my music 🙂 Have a great day!!!

21 replies

Jul 14, 2015 9:56 AM in response to Jon Sutton

Same problem for me today. That strange message turned up after the mac has been woken. Itunes wasn't active.

I simply clicked it and the message disappeared. iTunes works normally.

Everything is updated (iTunes 12.2.1.16, MACOSX 10.10.4 - iMac middle 2007) and I haven't subscribed Apple Music...

😕 What happened? ... could be a virus?

Jul 23, 2015 5:40 PM in response to Jon Sutton

Well I have been having this issue for over 2 weeks and not only has itbee with iTunes along with the apple music update, but it has affect all of my apple apps. Including safari, photos, app store. The app store issue with this was the worse because the button didn't go aways for days and I not update anything to see if there was a solution to this problem. 😠 Please fix this Apple ASAP!

"Updating locked default button"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.