Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I get help from ITunes when I have NO "device" and so can't feed in a serial number?

Please see title.

Posted on Jul 7, 2015 5:54 AM

3 replies

Jul 7, 2015 6:28 AM in response to turingtest2

That's pretty much it.

But the base issue is:

I used to use ITunes a long time ago. I had a few playlists, for which I bought quite a lot of material from ITunes. When ITunes re-invented itself, my playlists disappeared. I want to know how to recover them.

ITunes offers a phone support service. But to ask for it, you have to feed in your Device serial number. I don't have one (the old Shuffle I used to use is dead). I therefore cannot get any support.

Gotta just love the modern world!

Jul 7, 2015 6:42 AM in response to Annyth

Unless you have AppleCare Apple offers a paid phone support service, with a free complimentary one incident within 90 days of purchase support call for those with new qualifying equipment. I doubt the phone service really covers iTunes itself. Issues with purchases are handled with web forms and emails. One way or another you've come to the right place.

See Empty/corrupt iTunes library after upgrade/crash.

tt2

How do I get help from ITunes when I have NO "device" and so can't feed in a serial number?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.