Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Itunes 12.2 - Repeat and Shuffle Artist

Hello,

After updating to itunes 12.2 on my macbook pro and ipad, I have been greatly disappointed with trying to listen to my music. I can navigate macbook pro and find the features I want, but have a lot of trouble with the "mobile" version that is on my ipad. I have avoided updating my ipod and will continue to do so if I can't solve these issues.

I want to shuffle and repeat one artist (all of their songs), but the buttons that were present on the previous version are no longer available to do so. They now have to be added to "Up next" which peeves me to no end. This is my main problem with this update.

When I play my playlists, they shuffle, but then play over and over again. How do I turn off the repeat?

There was a point when it said "make this song available offline" - does that mean that I have to be connected to listen to the music that I used to be able to listen without having to be connected? This seems like BS to me....

So, again I will state that I am greatly disappointed with this update - bring back the old itunes! I usually will just shrug off changes because they take time to get used to, but these seemed unnecessary to me. Why change something that seemed to be working just fine the way it was before? I only state this here with the hope that someone from Apple actually reads these and takes these problems into account.

Thank you for those who help.

Posted on Jul 7, 2015 11:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 7, 2015 6:03 PM

Had this drama myself...

It seems to be now located under the CONTROL drop down tab.

Scroll down to SHUFFLE or REPEAT and choose away!

Unsure how it makes sense to move such an easy function to a drop down menu?

Anyway, There we go!

Hope that helps!

29 replies

Jul 11, 2015 8:00 AM in response to 10maddenm

I've been killing myself trying to figure out how to shuffle an entire artist's songs since the update...and I figured it out!! If you are in your music library on your phone/ipod/ipad and you have the artists listed, you click the artwork to the left of their name! This will start playing their music and from there you just have to make sure the shuffle button is highlighted when you are in the screen that views the song you are actually playing. Hope this helped!

Jul 13, 2015 8:44 AM in response to 10maddenm

Such a simple and important function.....it should have never have changed or been buried. Thanks for the work around. HOWEVER, I can not shuffle an artist via my car's Bluetooth audio connection. Shuffling all songs by an artist using my touch screen in my car is gone. HUGE bummer! Looking forward to the next update that rolls this function back.

Jul 31, 2015 7:09 PM in response to pasqualucci20

Thanks much for sharing this one... ! It's quit a useful one ! But I am sad to see that it was a bit complicated to find ! I miss the (not so) old time where Apple had things that were not accepted for production if they were not easily understood in a (very) short period of time... Basic things that did not need to be discussed in a blog like this one.

The spirit of the founder is slowly going away... Improvements should not equal to complication ! In fact, it should be the contrary... "Easy, user friendly and efficient" ! That's why so many people were using Apple. Don't lose this momentum !

Aug 2, 2015 5:56 PM in response to 10maddenm

Thank you pasqualucci20!!!

You are a lifesaver.

Now to editorialize - this is just one more example of the sociopathic attitude of the New Apple. Every single decision maker involved in the creation of this new version of iTunes (and probably all other apps as well) should be dragged out of Apple HQ by their ankles and publicly stomped half to death by everyone who has, AGAIN AND AGAIN, ended up pulling out their hair while playing hide-n-seek for basic functions which were sensibly organized and perfectly functional to begin with.

I know nothing of Android, but intend to learn more about it in the very near future.

Itunes 12.2 - Repeat and Shuffle Artist

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.