Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Preparing files on MPEG Streamclip for FCP

Still trying to master converting files correctly...mpeg stream clip not working, see shot below:User uploaded file

...has anyone else had this problem? How did you solve it? What am I doing wrong? thanks

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3), Final Cut Pro X

Posted on Jul 7, 2015 12:45 PM

33 replies

Jul 7, 2015 1:25 PM in response to Fiona Trainee Editor

Depends on what you're trying to do and whether or not Streamclip can do it. It's actually a very narrowly focused app, does a couple of things very well (opens, plays, converts, downloads) and little else.

But questions about the product need to be addressed to the publisher, Squared 5.

Converter features:

– from MPEG, MPG, VOB, PS, M2P, MOD, VRO, DAT, DCM, VDR, PVR, TS, M2T, MTS, MMV, REC, VID, AUD, AVR, TP, TP0, TRP, TOD

to MPEG, TS, REC, VID, M2V, AIFF, M1A, AC3

– multiplexing of M2V, M1V, MPV files with AIFF, M1A, MP2, MPA, AC3 files

to MPEG, TS, REC, VID, M2V, AIFF, M1A, AC3

(just open the M2V or M1V file, and the audio file with the same name will be multiplexed on the fly).

Exporter features:

– from MOV, DV, AVI, DIVX, MP4, WMV, FLV, MPEG, MPG, VOB, PS, M2P, MOD, VRO, DAT, DCM, VDR, PVR, TS, M2T, MTS, MMV, REC, VID, AUD, AVR, TP, TP0, TRP, M2V

to MOV, DV, AVI, DIVX, MP4

Jul 7, 2015 1:52 PM in response to Fiona Trainee Editor

SStreamclip can do this format. What drive exactly is this file on? How is it formatted?

THat's the Finder info. Not the QT player info which had more information.

FRom rom you drive descriptions in an earlier thread I don't think you have the capacity for ProRes, but if you do that would be great. ProRes 1080 depending on the frame rate uses about 115GB/hour and needs a fast drive for playback.

Jul 7, 2015 2:33 PM in response to Tom Wolsky

Hi Tom,

in reference to the drive, the file was sent to me on an external drive which I have copied to the desktop. I am currently accessing a macbook pro i7 2.5 GHz 8GB RAM. I'd doubt that the iMac in my college would cope any better. Maybe this is not adequate enough for apple pro res if not what other file type could I convert these m4v files to so that I can use them in FCPX? Thanks

Preparing files on MPEG Streamclip for FCP

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.