Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Rotation locked after a few minutes of use, after upgrading to iOS 8.4

I have an iPad Air 2 and recently upgraded to iOS 8.4.

I like to use rotation lock when reading, and I'm familiar with using the rotation lock in the control centre. The iPad Air 2 does not have a side lock.

After a few minutes of use in one particular orientation (either landscape or portrait), if I try and turn the screen the orientation becomes locked (i.e. if it was in portrait I cannot turn it to landscape mode).

I have checked the lock icon in the control centre and that is off.

The only thing that allows me to rotate the screen again is to turn the iPad off and on again. Then if I leave it in an orientation for a while it locks again.

Has anyone else experienced this and if you have, have you found a solution?

Regards,

Stephanie

iPad Air, iOS 8.4, iPad Air 2

Posted on Jul 8, 2015 8:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 8, 2015 9:12 PM

This seems to be an iOS 8.4 bug using the Air 2 (so far). See the following topic for work-arounds. There are no solutions yet. Please your feedback to Apple at the link available in the linked topic below.

iOS 8.4 iPad Air 2 rotational & wake delay issue work-arounds

3 replies

Jul 8, 2015 9:19 PM in response to SergZak

I'm going with the following solution in the short term, but I hate the motion stuff so I'll put in feedback so hopefully it will be fixed soon.

Screen rotation not working correctly
The current work around for the screen rotation issue is to disable Reduce Motion as below
If the Reduce Motion setting is turned ON under Settings/General/Accessibility/Reduce Motion, the screen will not rotate correctly
If the Reduce Motion setting is turned OFF under Settings/General/Accessibility/Reduce Motion, the screen will rotate correctly

Thanks for posting the link to this.

➕➕➕

Rotation locked after a few minutes of use, after upgrading to iOS 8.4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.