Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Download Stuck in "Paused" Status

I am attempting to download my copy of OS X El Capitan first public beta but am stuck in a "paused" state. If I cancel the download I will lose my redemption code. Any thoughts?

User uploaded file

Mac mini, OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Posted on Jul 9, 2015 1:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 9, 2015 8:41 PM

HI There

You can go the launchpad. Left click and hold until the icon start to shake with delete marks on the left top appearing. Delete that paused download. GO back to your purchases item in apple store. You can down download it again. Thanks

30 replies

Jul 19, 2015 8:11 AM in response to Community User

I have a similar problem. I downloaded the installer and it appears to be corrupt since I cannot make a USB installer from it...it just errors with "Could not mount image". I made a backup of what I downloaded and deleted it from my Applications folder thinking that would let me download it again from purchases but nope. The button is greyed out and says DOWNLOADED. Any thoughts to how I can re-download the file?

Oct 1, 2015 2:14 PM in response to Community User

Another possible solution (for others out there):

Go to your App Store/ Store/ View incomplete downloads. It's going to say that you have all downloads completed, click OK. Then go to your Purchased bar again, and you should see that the download of the software has reiniciated (if not, click the pause button to iniciate). It should work... good luck!

Download Stuck in "Paused" Status

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.