Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

popup of http://www.apple.com/library/test/success.html

Hi, I'm wondering if anyone else is getting this page popping up constantly on their mbp or apple devices.

the page shows:

<HTML><HEAD><TITLE>Success</TITLE></HEAD><BODY>Success</BODY></HTML>

From what I have read about this url, it's a page that gets requested to confirm if the wifi is connecting via a captive portal. I believe this page contents are incorrectly html encoded, resulting in my computer thinking that it's behind a captive portal, and then serving the page results as if it was supposed to be a login/agreement of TOS.

Is there a way to turn this off completely? it's rather annoying.

Thanks.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Jul 14, 2015 9:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 14, 2015 11:16 PM

Exact same problem here, on my late 2011 iMac running Mavericks. it didn't do this earlier today, but I turned it off and back on, and now here it is. It happens even before I get a chance to launch anything. And it happens about every 5 minutes. I only have one Wifi network in my list, and I have no cordless phones in the vicinity. I don't even have phone service here.

17 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 14, 2015 11:16 PM in response to Digitalpixies

Exact same problem here, on my late 2011 iMac running Mavericks. it didn't do this earlier today, but I turned it off and back on, and now here it is. It happens even before I get a chance to launch anything. And it happens about every 5 minutes. I only have one Wifi network in my list, and I have no cordless phones in the vicinity. I don't even have phone service here.

Jul 15, 2015 3:45 AM in response to Digitalpixies

Had this for the first time today (15th July 2015), I'm not very technically minded and am not really sure what it all means, but it worked for me.

I'm running OS X 10.9.5 on a MacBook Pro

I went into Network Preferences and was advised that a new interface had been created, I had to click OK to accept it was right.

On the left I had the following interfaces, Wi-Fi, Ethernet, Samsung Android, Firewire, Bluetooth and Thunderbolt Bridge (this was the new one).

- I clicked on all other than Wi-Fi and Ethernet (as I use them), clicked the cog icon next to the plus and minus below it and selected "Make Service Inactive" from the drop-down.

- I then clicked "Apply" and restarted.

This got rid of it for me. I presume it was making the new one inactive which did the trick but I'm not 100% sure.

Hope this information is of some help to others.

popup of http://www.apple.com/library/test/success.html

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.