Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cloud Music Library not responding

I'm trying to listen to some new artists that I've searched for in the 'new' tab in iCloud on my mac and get the following error message:

The shared library “Cloud Music Library” is not responding. (503)

Check that any firewall software running on either the shared computer or this computer has been set to allow communication on port 443.Cour

iTunes store samples and music on my mac are all playing fine, it's just everything that is streaming and it won't let me add the music either. I've not changed any settings and all is working fine on my iOS devices. Any ideas?

Posted on Jul 17, 2015 9:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 17, 2015 9:37 AM

same here, is happening on two of my computers running yosemite and the latest itunes.

79 replies

Jul 17, 2015 11:00 AM in response to gfendick

I am having a similar issue. The 503 error is coming up. Does anyone know if this might be related to Family Apple Music? I.e. Is there a way to figure out if it is for sure my computer or could it be related to someone else's computer/device on the Family plan?

I am going to try all software updates and re-start and see what happens from there. So far iCloud and Apple Music have been a pretty big disaster - no transparency, hard to get an answer on what the service even does exactly! Get it together, Apple!

Jul 17, 2015 11:05 AM in response to gfendick

Same error. Just added six CDs to my music library, and as an iTunes Match user, they are not being added to cloud properly, or so it seems. I see three of them on my iPhone Music app in the recently added, but those were the first three I added. Don't see the second three titles.

Fix now with another update, Cupertino. Don't tell me to rename and move libraries, etc. Apple products are supposed to be simple and seamless!

Jul 17, 2015 11:26 AM in response to gfendick

Same issue been happening periodically throughout the day. I just click the little cloud again that has the little sideways lightening bolt on it a few times and it usually reconnects. Its happening right now though and doesn't seem to be recovering like earlier. https://www.apple.com/support/systemstatus/ shows that all status is OK so Im posting this in hopes it adds to the complaints and gets noticed by apple.

Cloud Music Library not responding

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.