Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple music - an unknown error occurred (400)

I have been trying to find, first a reason and than a fix for the troubles I have with Apple Music on my MacBook. I haven't succeeded in any of this why I hope one of you can help me.

For the last couple of days (maybe since the latest update) I haven't been able to stream and download music from Apple Music. If I start streaming songs it just skip to the next song and when I try to download a song I get the message "an unknown error occurred (400)".

I can use Apple Music on other devises, so it shouldn't be a problem with my account ´

MacBook, OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Posted on Jul 18, 2015 8:25 AM

9 replies

Jul 18, 2015 10:22 AM in response to Rezte

Hi I have this exact same problem, although I've only noticed it today.

I was streaming Apple Music songs on my Mac last weekend over a Wifi connection just fine, but when I tried to do it this morning, it only played the cached songs from last weekend before I realised.

My iPhone plays all the songs just fine, as does my iPad. I tried signing in and out of iTunes, restarting my Mac and went through all my account settings to see if there was a setting I had overlooked. Nothing.

Any fix on this would be much appreciated.

Jul 18, 2015 12:37 PM in response to Rezte

Yup this has helped me as I've had the same issue. Spent all afternoon on the phone to Apple to 3 different people, neither had a clue what was going on ...

Apple music - an unknown error occurred (400)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.