Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do I shuffle play my entire music library on iPhone 6? it used to be easy not now

How do I shuffle play my entire music library on my iPhone 6? It used to be easy but it is not obvious now with the latest update.

iPhone 6, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 20, 2015 8:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 29, 2015 2:58 AM

Open your music app, make sure you are in "My Music" ( bottom left corner)

Then in the middle of the screen in red it might say "artists" or "albums" with a little down arrow next to it. Tap on it to select "Songs"

Open any song, the player would pop at the bottom, tap to go into the player

now just like the older versions, tap on the shuffle icon on the bottom

Hope I solved you problem 🙂

26 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 29, 2015 2:58 AM in response to bobner

Open your music app, make sure you are in "My Music" ( bottom left corner)

Then in the middle of the screen in red it might say "artists" or "albums" with a little down arrow next to it. Tap on it to select "Songs"

Open any song, the player would pop at the bottom, tap to go into the player

now just like the older versions, tap on the shuffle icon on the bottom

Hope I solved you problem 🙂

Jul 20, 2015 7:00 PM in response to bobner

Open the Music App. In the middle of the screen you will see one of the following: Artist, Albums, Songs, Genres, Composers or Compilations. If it's on Songs all you need to do is select a song, it will start playing that song. There is a Mini Player close to the bottom of the screen. Look for a small Pause Icon on the left side. Swipe the icon up to reveal the player. Select the Shuffle Icon at the bottom and you will be shuffling all the songs in your library. You can Play (or shuffle) all the songs in an Album or by an Artist using the same process. Select the word Songs in the middle of the screen and select Artist or Album. The process is the same as above for shuffling the album or artist's songs.

Jul 20, 2015 7:56 PM in response to Eric Patrick

Yes Eric Patrick this is true however the Music Player is broken now when it comes to shuffling!! I've been having problems since 8.3 because Apple disabled shuffling because they don't want us to enjoy our own music anymore. The stupid execs of Apple want us to pay to stream music instead of listening to the Music we already paid for. And this is just an FYI, if you shuffle your entire Music Library and quit the Music Player at anytime you will lose the shuffle you already started and will have to start replaying it which is useless because you will hear the same songs more than once. DON'T SHUFFLE YOUR MUSIC IN ITUNES OR IOS!!!! This will save anyone trying to shuffle their own Music in the latest software from getting so frustrated they won't want to subscribe to Apple Music.

Jul 21, 2015 2:06 AM in response to bobner

Just shuffle a playlist. This buggy application and os plays (when shuffling) everything: I started in my car a playlist with songs for total time 1 hour and 12 minutes. It was still playing (also songs not from the playlist) and keep noticed that I was driving over 2,5 hours… Sometimes songs cracks and skips partially, as a bonus. For me it is too expensive to have these apple-jokes. I will probably never buy anything from Apple again.

Jul 29, 2015 7:42 AM in response to Puzhen

Yes this is the way to shuffle in the new version that is true.. But remember that when you shuffle your music from inside the player and application it will play/shuffle all of your songs... Then it will start replaying them over again and will jumble and add it's own versions of songs from Apple Music because it's STUPID!! It needs to be fixed because it's a broken player and currently I'm so frustrated with it so I'm not using it. I'm using an extension to my Music, it's a small app called "Forward" in which you can shuffle and play your music away from this buggy application. If it's not resolved in the next version this is the only way to keep your shuffle because also another note this Music player won't remember your shuffle if ever you quit it. That is just an FYI...

Jul 31, 2015 9:46 AM in response to bobner

Step 1 - Open Apple Music

step 2 - In the bottom right hand corner select my music.

step 3 - in the middle of the page in RED letters it will have (artist, albums) songs, music videos, etc...) click the drop down window and select (SONGS)

step 4 - Select which song you would like to play first

step 5 - on the bottom of the screen you will be able to see where the song you have selected is playing. click the name of the song

step 6 - on the bottom of the page where your song is playing will be two arrows crossing paths (shuffle button)

step 7 - stop raging and enjoy /wrist

Jul 31, 2015 11:07 AM in response to TKHaus

Ok so even if you follow those simple steps which I already know about it doesn't solve the 8.3 and now continuing 8.4 "shuffle bug". When you shuffle songs from inside the music player and want to quit it and re-open it to remember your shuffle (like you were able to do forever in previous versions) you can't because of some stupid reason Apple removed it!!!! They say it's supposed to be easy and intuitive but they've removed useful features that now everyone is asking questions about how to do certain things because it's not as easy/intuitive as they claim it is.

Aug 25, 2015 7:20 PM in response to bobner

I was wondering how to do the same thing. The answer is in this thread. But you wonder why they had to make it so complicated. I would have never pulled up on bottom with the pause button. I tried every which way, it's like they don't want you to use the Shuffle feature which is pretty much like your own Apple Radio that plays all of your songs. I bet Apple intentionally made it difficult to figure out how to shuffle your Sone Library...

Sep 2, 2015 2:05 PM in response to bobner

I posted this separately and no one responded. I figured out how to shuffle music in the new Apple music. However......my two grown daughters used to be on my iTunes account and probably downloaded 2000-3000 songs. I avoided their music by just syncing my iPhone with my Mac desktop only. Now when I shuffle via the Apple Music, it is shuffling all of their music as well, making the shuffle worthless. Can I not turn off all that other music somehow and just continue to use my own library, or has that been rendered impossible by "progress". Turning off iCloud sharing did not help. Any suggestions appreciated. I guess if necessary I could make a playlist with my entire library on it, huh?

how do I shuffle play my entire music library on iPhone 6? it used to be easy not now

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.