Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have no way of starting a new thread anymore!

I have no other way to figure out what's going on. Hopefully someone will see this that can make a correction to my account.

I have no way of starting a new thread anymore! The only thing I can do is reply to previously started topics. This was my most recent started thread and that's the only reason I'm posting this here. I've tried finding FAQs on the subject, I've tried to find an email of someone to contact, (I don't think this warrants a call to Apple) and I've also tried to find a way to PM someone here to no avail. I've tried going to all different areas of the forum to ensure that it was my account and not the forum that was causing the problem. I've checked my account and everything is up to date. I cannot post new messages - which means I can't seek help for figuring out why i can't post new messages 🙂

How can I gain my posting privileges back? And more interesting would be - why did I loose them in the first place? If you see this message (the old thread date should catch someone's attention) please bring this to the attention of someone that can help. Thank you!

<Post Branched by Host>

Posted on Jul 25, 2015 5:44 AM

6 replies

Jul 25, 2015 9:03 AM in response to moze229

You haven't lost them. You would not be posting this one otherwise. A few months ago a number of things changed and it may be you haven't caught up yet. First decide what your subject matter is. Log in.

Then start by going to Apple Support Communities > Top of page, go to NEW. In the search box type your question > then scroll down and submit.

Jul 25, 2015 9:42 AM in response to moze229

Apple has hidden how you start a post, but you figured it out for this discussion.

Here is the best list of the discussions.

Site map of Communities and Categories

Pick a discussion that matches your question.

On the discussion list page, click on New. It's in blue.

User uploaded file

Click on Discussion. It's in blue too.

--------------------------------------------------------------

This may prove helpful.

How to improve your experience with Apple Support Communities ( ASC )

R

Jul 25, 2015 11:02 AM in response to seventy one

Thank you! I totally did not see that when I ran into the new section. I looked for probably about 30 minutes and couldn't figure it out. No wonder I couldn't find it - it's the little microscopic font there. 🙂

rrcharles - thanks for the detailed explanation. I actually did that last night - I typed in my question but then the 'New' remained illusive to me.

babowa - Thanks. With my extensive use of vBulletin software and it's wide availability online, I sometimes assume that all communities are set up using the same format and rules. I forget that sometimes proprietary systems may have their own way of doing things. I prefer the "Start a new topic" huge button up in the corner somewhere, but the way it is setup here forces users to use a search - something that would benefit other forums as well. My purpose of a private message would have been to notify someone with a high level (such as yourself) that could help with my situation. I just didn't know what else to do. I feel pretty dumb about the whole thing now.

At any rate, whomever moved my message to the appropriate section and posted it for others to see - thank you. I wasn't sure if anyone would ever see it, as I'm not familiar with the procedures of this forum. I was hoping my reply would send the message back to the top of the thread area, but I couldn't find it so I wasn't sure. Thanks!

I have no way of starting a new thread anymore!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.