Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Playlists won't transfer, music still there.

Hi,

Music Duplicated all my playlists with different names. e.g. TomsPlaylist became TomsPlaylist1 on the host iTunes, and then only showed TomsPlaylist1 on my iPhone.

So I deleted the Playlists off Music - off the iPhone.

But all the music is still on the device.

Now when I try to transfer the playlists back from iTunes 12, the play list won't show up on my iPhone. Playlists can't be moved anymore.

Is there anything I can do?

thanks

tom

Posted on Jul 26, 2015 2:58 AM

2 replies

Jul 26, 2015 1:15 PM in response to ThomasMonaghan

Answer found here :

tigerstacks94Jul 20, 2015 12:08 AM Re: Itunes 12 does not have the "Manually manage music" option
Re: Itunes 12 does not have the "Manually manage music" optionin response to Jenks855

I think I finally found the solution (iPhone 6, iTunes 12.2.1.16).

When I used Cellular Data it seemed to work, not Wifi.

1) On your iPhone, go to "Settings" and turn on "Cellular Data".

2) Go back to "Settings" and scroll down to "iTunes & App Store" & turn on "Use Cellular Data".

3) Go back to "Settings" and scroll down to "Music" and turn off "iCloud Music Library". You should see "Genius" pop up above "iCloud Music Library". Notice when you go back to "Settings" and go back to "Music" it does not turn back on.

4) Plug your iPhone into your computer. Go to iTunes and click the iPhone icon in the top left corner. Go to "Summary" and under "Options" it now says "Manually manage music and videos". Check it.

5) Go to "Music" under "Summary" and check "Sync Music" and now you able to sync selected playlist like normal.

Oct 7, 2015 12:30 PM in response to ThomasMonaghan

Hi I have followed all the steps and was able to see manage music and video on the summary page. thank you !

However, I STILL cannot create any playlists from music on my Macbook pro and sync them to my iPhone 6 plus. Nor can I create a playlist within iTunes on my phone. The music is there ( in most cases) but will not show up as a playlist.

I use my music for my profession and this is making me revert to burning CDs and other inconvenient modes of creating playlists.

Please help

thanks,

Playlists won't transfer, music still there.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.