Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Siri " I don't know who you are"

I am having trouble trying to tell Siri my name, when I say "Call me Jake" Siri says "You would like to call me Jake" and I say yes. I then get a mesage saying "I don't know who you are but you can tell me, go Siri settings, tap 'My Info' and choose yourself from your contacts - I have done this already.

When I go into my contacts and find my name, there is a grey "me" written to the right of my contact name in the contact list.

In this discussion Siri forgets who I am it mentions "small human-like icon to the right of your name in the "All Contacts" which I don't have.

I've tried to turn off Siri and reset it, to remove My Info from Siri and put it back, but nothing has worked, so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Posted on Jul 26, 2015 7:14 AM

6 replies

Jul 26, 2015 7:39 AM in response to clarkkent27

Hi

I've entered myself like a normal contact, with my first name and second name entered. In Safari it correctly recognises my contact info as "My info" and it Siri settings I have "My info" pointing to the correct contact info in my Contact list.

I've rebooted my phone a few times too.

I guess I'll now delete my contact card, reboot, then add myself again and see if that works.

Siri " I don't know who you are"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.