Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Messages won't load completely on Yosemite iMac

Yesterday, Messages ran perfectly fine and was synched with my iPhone 5, up until I shut down last night. This morning, Messages appears to load, but shows a blank window with the message "No conversation selected." Most of the items in the top menu are grayed out, so I can't access Preferences, New Message…, etc., and none of my prior conversations appear. No changes in configuration, software updates, etc., have occurred since yesterday. Everything is running as expected with Messages on my iPhone.

iMac 24-inch Mid 2007, 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4 GB RAM

OS X Yosemite 10.10.4, Messages 8.0 (4752)

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

Michael

iMac (24-inch Mid 2007)

Posted on Jul 28, 2015 6:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply
2 replies

Jul 28, 2015 8:22 AM in response to Linc Davis

Thank you. I tried deleting the com.apple.ichat.plist file, which did not work. Then I verified/repaired the Keychain, which did not work. I saw in the second post a comment about an issue with Apple Gothic not being loaded. I noticed in FontBook that it was NOT activated—though this has been the case for literally months—so I activated it. Surprise! This at least gives me access to a window in which I can type new messages. It also appears I _do_ have all of my previous conversations, but they don't show up in Messages's sidebar; I have to access them by using the Select Next/Previous Conversation commands. Thanks again for the help!

Michael

Messages won't load completely on Yosemite iMac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.