Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

recovering deleted text message thread

I've tried backup recovery but for some reason cant turn message backup on, so thats out. Don't really want to spend money on third party app. Is there any thing in IOS 8.4 on an IPhone 5S that can recover deleted text/ message thread? ( years of text with my wife)

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 28, 2015 3:57 PM

6 replies

Jul 28, 2015 4:09 PM in response to jpz1966

iCloud or iTunes backup are the only recourses I know without aid of a third party app.

For itunes

1. Connect your iPhone to the PC with which you sync it.

2. Launch iTunes.

3. Go to the top right-hand corner and select your iPhone.

4. Now choose ‘Restore backup’.

5. Wait for a few minutes, and all the data you previously backed up will now replace the data on your phone. (so you will lose data added to the phone since the last backup.)

recovering deleted text message thread

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.