Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No ISO Option and Won't Recognize Windows Installer

I'm running into a peculiar issue with my Boot Camp Assistant trying to install Windows 10. I am no longer seeing the ISO option at the initial setup screen, and when I try to simply install Windows I get an error that the installer disk cannot be found. No matter what I do it will not get passed this error.

I suspect that it may have something to do with a previous attempt at installing Windows 7 on my MBP. That installation was working just fine, but at the last minute, while it was still installing Windows 7, I changed my mind and decided to not proceed with he installation and ended up reversing all the partitioning and setup I had performed getting my machine ready for it.

Now I don't know what to do. Please advise.

User uploaded file

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Jul 31, 2015 1:17 PM

14 replies

Jul 31, 2015 2:16 PM in response to Loner T

This is rather odd, because as I previously stated, I already attempted to install Windows 7 on my machine, not even 2-months ago, and it all worked just fine (I was already running Yosemite). I had the option for creating the ISO and it read my Windows 7 installer disk without any problems.

At this moment, I created an installer disk (DVD) for Windows 10 from the ISO I download from Microsoft and it will not read it either. I'm quite certain that my disks and USB devices can't all be broken or defective because not a single one is working with Boot Camp Assistant.

Aug 2, 2015 8:34 AM in response to Loner T

So I figured it out. I had to use Disk Utility to burn onto the blank DVD the Windows 10 ISO I downloaded from Microsoft's website. After doing so Boot Camp recognized it right away and installed the OS. Oddly enough, Boot Camp continues to refuse to read the Windows 7 installer disk, which it read and installed on my MBP a few weeks ago, but now it hates it, I guess.

No ISO Option and Won't Recognize Windows Installer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.