Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cant recover or update my iPhone 4s iOS 8.2

My iPhone 4s iOS 8.2 didnt find anymore network or sim-card couple days ago. Tested with other sim-card and same problem. Then I tried update my phone on wi-fi to newest iOS 8.4 but that didnt work. I have tried recover and update my phone with iTunes but not working. Now when I start my phone, it shows up "link iphone to itunes" and when I try update or recover my phone, its start recover my phone but processbar hangs to 60% and iTunes says "Unknown error 1". Tried recover my phone several times but same problem everytime.

iPhone 4S, iOS 8.2

Posted on Aug 1, 2015 12:06 PM

1 reply

Aug 3, 2015 11:10 AM in response to k_rtz

Good day k_rtz,

It sounds as if you are having difficulty updating your iPhone's operating system and currently your iPhone has the "Connect to iTunes" screen come up. I would suggest that you troubleshoot using the steps in this article - If you see Connect to iTunes screen when you start iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Safe computing.

Cant recover or update my iPhone 4s iOS 8.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.