Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes does not install after upgrading to Windows 10

After upgrading to Windows 10 from Windows 7 (64 bit), I had to reinstall iTunes, However I keep getting an error code saying 'policy.8.0.microsoft.VC80.CRT, type=”win32-policy”,version=”8.0.50727.6195”publicKey Token=”1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b”,processorArchitecture=”x86””

I also get an error saying that Apple application support fails to install.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling iTunes and all its related software several times along with installing an older version of iTunes, but I get the same problem.

I'm at my wits end here.

Posted on Aug 4, 2015 1:43 PM

8 replies

Aug 4, 2015 1:55 PM in response to GiantBrit

Doesn't help you but there are no fundamental issues with Windows 10 and iTunes I upgraded 3 xPCs and all are fine with iTunes

Have you the latest iTunes version

and there is a process for removing iTunes see this

Remove and reinstall iTunes and related software components for Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8 - Apple Support

worth following

ps Windows 10 is totally backwards compatible with win 7/8 according to Microsoft ,seems to be here

Aug 5, 2015 5:08 AM in response to wegras

I've followed the above link and am still having the same problem. The first error I get is this:

User uploaded file

It then says 'Service 'Apple Mobile Device Service failed to start. Verify you have sufficient privileges to start system services" even though I ran the setup as Administrator.

Once the setup has finished I get a message saying 'Apple Application Support was not found. Error 2. Windows error 2. So I tried a standalone installation of Apple Application Support. I still get the same error as the first one.

Aug 10, 2015 9:36 AM in response to GiantBrit

Getting exactly the same error on my PC as well. I upgraded to windows 10 and reset my PC so I get a fresh system. But no iTunes now. Please someone help 😟.

I tried to troubleshoot and this is happening when trying to install Apple Application Support 64 bit (I installed 32 bit with the hope that it might work with iTunes but no luck).

Please help.

Thanks,

Hridesh

iTunes does not install after upgrading to Windows 10

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.