Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iMessage doesn't work without Wifi

My iMessage doesn't work unless I'm connected to wifi and if I try to send a text it will just say "Sending..." unless I send it as a text message.

If I'm not home my notifications don't come till I get home and get connected to wifi. Also I've tried everything and my Cellular Data is on. Oh and I have an iPhone 6 iOS 8.4 if that

iPhone 6, iOS 8.4

Posted on Aug 8, 2015 2:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 9, 2015 6:08 PM

Hey Lyssa thank you for your help it turns out something messed up our plan and I didnt have data. So we added some and now everything is working fine!! ❤️

6 replies

Aug 9, 2015 9:35 AM in response to mariamdee

Do any apps that require internet access work correctly when you're not on wifi?

If not, try resetting your network settings (Settings>General>Reset>Reset Network Settings).

You'll have to re-enter your wifi password next time you connect to it.

If that doesn't help, I would talk to T-Mobile about this as it appears cellular data isn't working properly for your phone.

~Lyssa

Aug 9, 2015 12:02 PM in response to mariamdee

Troubleshooting steps I would try :

- Go to Settings/Messages and make sure that Send as SMS is turned on.

- Check the recipient's contact info to make sure you are sending a message to a valid phone number.

- Go to Settings/Messages/Blocked and make sure that the person you are trying to contact is not on your block list.

- Delete your conversation with a specific number and try starting a new conversation with it.

- Restart your iPhone.

- Go to Settings/General/About and see if it prompts you to install an update from your carrier.

- Contact your carrier to make sure your text messaging plan is set up properly.

- Go to Settings/General/Reset and Reset Network Settings.

- Back up and restore your device (through iTunes or iCloud).

- Contact Apple Support.

My iMessage doesn't work without Wifi

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.