Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud.com Just Has the Spinning Wheel

Hi. I'd like to check if this is just an issue with our Mac or the internet servers or if it's a global issue and iCloud is down, worldwide. When I go to iCloud.com, it has the background but it just has that spinning thing. The prompt for the password and username isn't there. It's the same for the other PC (Windows 10) as well as in the iPhone (using the Dolphin browser not Safari for the iOS).

Thank you.

God bless. Rev. 21:4

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.1), iMac Late 2009

Posted on Aug 15, 2015 12:51 AM

22 replies

Aug 18, 2015 3:09 AM in response to Alvin777

I have finally switched to Outlook.com Calendar and found it is quite good in both user interface and functions.

I have fed up with the iCloud.com "Spinning" for all day long without any notifications on the status. It is very risky in using such a service that can be suspended for such a long time without any progress notifications to users.

bye bye apple.

Aug 18, 2015 4:23 AM in response to Alvin777

Hi. It seems to be internet service provider issue, not iCloud.com or Apple itself. It seems to be local only to the Philippines. Globe Tattoo's DSL seems to be blocking iCloud.com. On PLDT MyDSL internet service provider it's working. It's good, it can be accessed with a separate mail app like OS X's built-in Mail app but Globe Telecom should be notified.

If it's also happening in other countries, it may be the network software being used by your internet service provider that's probably the same as Globe's.

God bless. Rev. 21:4

Aug 19, 2015 3:30 AM in response to Peter Moyer

Here is the reply I got from Globe and I have sent them a screenshot of the ping, which is “Request Timed Out”. Everyone having this issue should do it, so we can get this matter solved. I need my icloud!

If you are on a mac, use terminal to ping.

-----

Your account is currently active and your area has no network issues. Please follow the instructions below:
1. Turn the modem off, wait for 10-15 seconds, and turn it on.
2. Ping the site that cannot be accessed:
a. Click on the “Start” button found on the lower left corner of your screen.
b. Type “cmd”, on search program and files and press “enter”.
c. A black window will appear
d. Type ping (space) the site you cannot access (ex: ping<space>www.abs-cbnnews.com) and press “enter”. It will give a result of “Request Time Out” or “Reply From”.
* If ping resulted to a “Request Timed Out” or any other errors : Please email a screenshot of the problem you encountered at helpdesk@globelines.com.ph. Please do not forget to indicate the following details in your email: account number, account name, and contact number (landline/mobile). After which, please expect a call from our support group after 24 hours to confirm receipt of your email and to advise you of the next steps to address your concern.
* If ping resulted to “Reply From” and you still can’t access the same site/s, some proxy settings in your browser may be preventing you from accessing the site.

Aug 21, 2015 11:58 PM in response to Alvin777

I have just been able to connect, using hotspot shield 🙂 So now I was able to download my spreadsheets. Goodbye icloud and hello google sheets!

Download and install Hotspot Shield. http://www.anchorfree.com/

Connect using a USA server and go in your browser and connect to icloud.com.

After I disconnected Hotspot shield, I was still able to connect to icloud.com.

NB.

Empty your cache BEFORE you connect using Hotspot Shield.

DONT empty your cache after you have disconnected Hotspot Shield, then you have the spinning wheel again.

iCloud.com Just Has the Spinning Wheel

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.