Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i can't update nor downloading apps in app store

can someone help me ...

i am using an Iphone 5s , ios 8.4.1

my phone just happens to be stuck at waiting while updating and downloading apps in the app store

i had tried to reboot , sign in & sign out my itunes acc ...but it still doesn't worked out ...

can someone tell me how to fix it ?

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.4.1

Posted on Aug 15, 2015 12:59 AM

20 replies

Aug 16, 2015 12:05 AM in response to coolmark124632

You cannot downgrade the iOS. Not sure what the issue is, but I just updated 3 apps with no problems.

If signing in and out of Settings>iTunes & Apps Store, or signing out of the App Store directly and then signing back in does not correct the issue, then I would suggest resetting your device (nothing will be lost): Hold down the Home and Power buttons at the same time and continue to hold them down until the Apple appears. This may take up to 30 seconds. Once the reset is complete the Slide to Unlock screen will display. See if the issues is resolved after the reset.

Also, double-click your Home key and make sure that the App Store app is closed by swiping up on the thumbnail if you see it there. Then try again.

Finally, make sure that you are not hanging up on on an update that is holding up the works. Cancel any updates that are or appear to be pending, and then update the apps one at at time to see if that works.

Cheers,

GB

Aug 25, 2015 9:28 AM in response to odysseus

So, in Apple parlance, that is called a Restart.

So, you are indicating that when you try to update or download an app, nothing happens at all? No error? Have you gone to your Update tab in the App Store to make sure you don' t have any that are pending and are hanging up the works? Have you also double-clicked the Home and swiped up on the App Store icon to close it completely?

Do the iPad and iPhone have an app in common that they both seem to be hanging up on?

Do you have a lot of app updates, or just a few? If you only have a few, try deleting those apps from your device and then redownloading them.

Cheers,

GB

Aug 29, 2015 7:08 AM in response to Vhienty

Many people are this and variations of the problem.

1. iBooks blank screen
  2. Apps blank screen
  3. Hanging APP downloads/Updates over 3G/LTE or WiFi
  4. Incomplete iCloud OTA backups
  5. iTunes blanc screen or download hang
  6. Lost purchases in App (they come back)
  7. Perference page for iTunes and App store hangs
  8. Mail app embedded mail http links not working.
  9. Difficulty to Backup iPhone and Apps when cabled to iTunes (MAC)
  10. Cabled Backup and restore hanging.

All this in the past week. The following provides some idea and help, but problems comes back in minutes

sign out of iCloud, save data locally, Reboot (Power off) Turn on, resign into iCloud. Problem comes back with a certain time.

Rebooting in general helps, for a certain time

Signing out of App store/iTunes store helps for a certain time.

Apples needs to address the issue (feedback Apple) before IOS9 update in September.

Aug 29, 2015 7:08 AM in response to dennoob116

This is a fascinating problem that ultimately involves the ability (or not) to connect to Apple's servers. I think the steps to resolve it are:

1. Reset network settings

2. Perform a soft reset on the phone by holding down the "Home" and wake/sleep buttons until the phone restarts, the Apple symbol appears and then disappears

3. Another thing one might try is to go into Settings > iCloud and see whether, in the second white field, you see a spinning cursor instead of "Set Up Family Sharing…" or "Family Sharing" in blue. Also, see whether you're able to access your iCloud account info when you click on the first white field with your name and AppleID. When I was having the download/update problem, I could not access my iCloud account info and always saw the spinning cursor in the second white field.

I also tried a restore (DFU restore), setting the iPhone up as a new phone, but the problem still recurred, so I had my iPhone replaced. Then I set up the new iPhone using my backup from the old, and the problem recurred (another symptom is that when you go into the App Store > Updates > Purchased, you'll see that the "Not on this iPhone" tab will *not* properly recognize apps that are *already* on your phone). A soft reset in this case (after hardware replacement) seems to have resolved the issue.

i can't update nor downloading apps in app store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.