Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos for Mac says "Unable to upload 222 items"

As you can see in attached screenshot, my Photos app works fine in uploading or downloading new files except that it says "Unable to upload 222 items". While that may be related to the format of files, I wonder whether I can know what items have not been uploaded. Its difficult to manually verify as i have almost 30k files in the iCloud. Are these unuploaded files stored in some file in root folder?

Thanks for answering

User uploaded file

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5), null

Posted on Aug 15, 2015 11:24 AM

27 replies

Nov 13, 2017 5:36 AM in response to jehdesai

The "Unable to Upload" photos can be found in a smart album with the rule "Photo is unable to upload".

This is explained in this document: Check the status of your library in Photos for macOS - Apple Support

Also only photos from my iphone and ipad get synced to macbooks photo app and not videos. pl help

This looks like your iPhone were only syncing with My Photo Stream and not iCloud Photo Library. heck, if iCloud Photo Library is still enabled. My Photo Stream cannot transfer videos or the live part of Live Photos.

Feb 8, 2017 10:13 AM in response to jaschajaa

Please tell me how to stop these emails. While I thank the community for their help, I’m overrun with emails and NOT tech savvy enough to use your good help. What i really need is to hire someone who IS tech savvy to go over the whole Sierra upgrade with me — in person. Thank you again. Now if someone could help me stop the emails, I’d be very grateful. Judy

Feb 26, 2017 4:22 PM in response to SummerRosalie

you really need to start a new thread since this thread is solved and the answer is recommended by Apple so you do not have the same problem

and we need clear and complete information including what version of the OS and or Photos you have and this statement makes no sense

I changed my apple ID a while ago, all my photos uploaded then but since I have changed it there is about 2000 which wont upload to the cloud.

it say all uploaded and then says 2000 did not upload - very confusing

LN

Sep 1, 2017 7:11 PM in response to Vrishketan

I had the same problem - of my 7000 photos and videos - the photos app was unable to upload half of them!

Have spoke to 5 apple agents this week, all clueless! Just kept asking 'have you got enough cloud space?' Or 'have you turned iCloud on?' FFS

This solved my problem (trial and error NO thanks to Apple)

Create a smart album, criteria should be 'unable to upload to cloud'. Then you have an album with all the dodgy photos! You can check if there are any corrupted ones and delete as necessary. There was nothing wrong with any of mine so...

Then I copied them into a folder on my desktop and deleted the ones in the photos app. Remember to delete your 'deleted photos' too in the photos app.

Then copy all the photos in the desktop folder back into the photos app. This took hours!

Then they miraculously all started uploading!

I now have everything backed up in the iCloud.

Can't believe nobody suggesting doing this! I even had to book a call with a senior apple agent. It was booked for 11am GMT and after 11 hours of waiting, I gave up waiting!

Hope this helps anyone having the same problem!!!

Photos for Mac says "Unable to upload 222 items"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.