Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to find download for boot camp 6

Been trying to download windows 10 for about a week now, I see everyone talking about boot camp 6 and the download is nowhere to be found. Ive searched on the downloads portions on apples website but its not there. I had windows 10 downloaded but while using boot camp the software support files kept failing but i went ahead with the download and then once everything was booted up there was no wifi selection so I just uninstalled it. Any help is greatly appreciated with these issues>

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2012), OS X Yosemite (10.10)

Posted on Aug 17, 2015 9:16 AM

50 replies

Aug 17, 2015 9:33 AM in response to bstill33

On the same model Mac, in the US, I can download BC 6 drivers. This is from Bootcamp.xml in the Bootcamp folder on the USB created by BC Assistant.

<ProductManufacturer>Apple Inc.</ProductManufacturer>

<ProductVersion>6.0.6133</ProductVersion>

<ProductCode>{FCFFE6B6-BAE8-490E-88D0-097A9DA1C43D}</ProductCode>

I had to modify the USB, because Apple includes an unsigned driver AppleSSD.sys which causes Windows 7/8/10 installations to fail. The modified USB file structure looks like the following.

User uploaded file

Aug 19, 2015 6:11 AM in response to bstill33

Downloaded drivers moments ago via Boot Camp Assistant on updated OS x 10.10.5

No version 6. This is 5.1.5621 according to the XML file:

<ProductVersion>5.1.5621</ProductVersion>

<ProductCode>{FA2B2C2A-EA41-495A-9308-60726125D562}</ProductCode>

Where is version 6??

AppStore does not offer any updates after 10.10.5 Combined update.

Aug 19, 2015 8:41 AM in response to Toweri

In the US, BCA downloads the following version for a 13-in 2012 MBP.

<ProductVersion>6.0.6133</ProductVersion>

<ProductCode>{FCFFE6B6-BAE8-490E-88D0-097A9DA1C43D}</ProductCode>

and the modified USB with the Installer looks like..

User uploaded file

If W10 upgrade is in place, you can also get BC 6 drivers from Apple Software Update as shown...

User uploaded file

Aug 19, 2015 11:15 AM in response to bstill33

After reading this string, I cannot find any offer to download BC 6 in the Windows Apple Software Updater! On the Mac side I am running a fully updated Mac OS X 10.10.4 install and Apple Store updates does not download BC 6 either. As noted by others, the Apple Support page for Boot Camp only offers 5.1.5126. So how do I get Boot Camp Assistant version 6? My Win 10 install seems to work fine but has problems with Shadow Copy and cannot make backups or create restore points. I was hoping that the Boot Camp update would resolve this problem.

Aug 19, 2015 11:25 AM in response to Spediteur

Spediteur wrote:

So how do I get Boot Camp Assistant version 6?

The way I did it was I opened Bootcamp Assistant, clicked Continue; then checked JUST the middle box that downloads the Bootcamp software/drivers. I used an 8GB USB drive formatted as MS DOS. I then looked at the Bootcamp.xml file (Loner T's 1st post) to see the version that downloaded and it was version 6.

Aug 19, 2015 11:26 AM in response to Spediteur

You cannot download Bootcamp6 as such. When you have installed the Bootcamp Partition Windows 10, and there are other drivers needed, it will say so and you are able to download "bootcamp6" within the windows partition ! When you do not need those drivers you cannot download "bootcamp6". ! So do not worry when the Windows partition does not ask for it !

It is not a newer version of Bootcamp Assistant. It is a set of drivers.

Unable to find download for boot camp 6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.