Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch peeling at the etching on the back

I spoke with a rep Senior Advisor for Aplle Watch today and have a case # for the back of my watch.User uploaded fileUser uploaded file

I have had this unit since June 5th and the band started to peel part so bad that I replaced it with an after market metal band that I purchaced on Amazon. I have an appointment at the new haven location 8/19/15 today . I hope I can be assisted with this matter and I also have apple care . But hope there isnt a claim today because I see a number of Apple watches with the same peeling problem.

<Edited by Host>

Apple Watch, iOS 1.x, Peeling watch back at the etching

Posted on Aug 19, 2015 9:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 19, 2015 9:58 AM

Hi Dougie

Welcome to Apple Support Communities!

This is a public forum, so please be careful not to disclose too much personal information (eg your case number).

50 replies

Aug 20, 2015 3:15 PM in response to Dougntosh

Apple Support Communities is a user-to-user technical support community.

It enables you to ask for help - from other users - with using Apple products.

If you have a technical support question:

• First, use the search facility (in case someone else has already posted an answer for your technical support question);
  • If you can't find an existing answer, please post your question in the relevant section; other users will then try to help you by suggesting solutions.

If you have a peeling issue with your Apple Watch Sport, then we (other Apple users) cannot help you here.

Please instead contact Apple Support:

https://www.apple.com/support/watch/contact/

Aug 21, 2015 3:08 AM in response to dougie70w

Thank you everyone for your input. I did call apple and started a case number was instructed to bring the apple in to the apple store for further inspection and they took photos of the back of the watch. I got a call the next day instructing me to come in and exchange my watch . I do really appreciate the fast and prompt service of the team and the willingness to assist me. I did have purchase the apple care but it didn't seem to matter as they were too concern with the problem with the apple materials and how and why the watch was peeling.

Nice work Apple,Thank you again for the assistance from the Team at the New Haven CT Apple Store and the Senior Advisor for Apple Watch...............

Aug 22, 2015 9:37 AM in response to diniesh80

Not sure what your point is

the post you replied to states

I did call apple and started a case number was instructed to bring the apple in to the apple store for further inspection and they took photos of the back of the watch. I got a call the next day instructing me to come in and exchange my watch .

Nothing about paying a premium price or getting a cheep feeling product?

What exactly is your point?

LN

Aug 22, 2015 10:54 AM in response to LarryHN

Agreed. There is no point complaining and bashing Apple. No one forces you to spend your money on the the product you choose to purchase. Anyways for my watch I opened a support ticket with customer service and they are exchanging my watch. If you are having such issues, take the effort to notify Apple and they will be more than willing to assist.

Apple Watch peeling at the etching on the back

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.