Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 8.1.4 WiFi Problem

Hello everyone there. I have been facing WiFi problems in my iPhone 4S, since I have upgraded to iOS 8.1.3. The new version 8.1.4 is launched now, I have upgraded to it but my WiFi is having problem. It connects for few minutes and gets disconnected, and then keeps searching for WiFi. I have tried everything, Can anyone help me please? I will be grateful please help me out. My iPhone is useless now, if this is not fixed I may sell it and never buy any apple product. This frustrates really.

iPhone 4S, iOS 8.4.1

Posted on Aug 21, 2015 7:00 PM

11 replies

Aug 23, 2015 12:46 PM in response to salman88

Hi salman88,

If you are having an issue with losing your Wi-Fi connection from your iPhone, I would suggest that you troubleshoot using the steps in this article - If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won’t connect to a Wi-Fi network.

The article title sounds like it is just for being unable to make an initial connection, but the steps are relevant to your issue of dropped connections as well.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Sincerely.

Aug 25, 2015 4:29 AM in response to Brett L

Thank you very much for your valuable time to give me a reply. But, it is not solved yet. I have tried this too. WiFi is still not connecting. I have tried with another WiFi connection, the same result. It seems this problem will be forever in my phone, though, I know it is just a software issue, but I am afraid apple will never be able to solve this issue. Apple is my favorite brand, it will be my favorite brand, but I guess I will never choose my future phones from Apple. I am sorry if Apple moderators are reading my post.

Aug 25, 2015 7:35 PM in response to AmishCake

OK mate, let me explain you. I have restored my phone twice, in fact thrice, I have reset my router, I have tried using my office WiFi which is different router and different internet provider. I have also tried reset all networks of my iPhone (many times). The problem is that my iPhone 4S does not catch any WiFi network. Earlier, when iOS 8 launched I faced this problem, but it was cured in the later version till iOS 8.1.3 launched (currently iOS 8.1.4 is in my phone, before the previous version of iOS, my WiFi worked accurately). I would be very grateful to you if you help me solve this problem. Please keep suggesting me. Thank you.

iOS 8.1.4 WiFi Problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.