Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iWork '09 Unexpectingly

So i have a early 2006 Macbook Pro with 10.6.8

I cannot update to lion because my processor is a core duo, which *****. Anyways, I screwed my mac editing the Version.plist folder to try to spoof it to get something. It didn't work and had to reinstall Snow leopard with a 10.6.3 disc. Everything went back to normal except iWork '09. It says i need 10.7.4 or higher. So i downloaded the 09 trial and updated it using the 9.1 updater. And i get told that Pages Unexpectedly quits. I just need pages to work for school, any help will be appreciated. No i do not have the iwork 09 disc, if i cannot resolve these issues soon i will buy the disc.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Aug 23, 2015 12:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 23, 2015 3:15 PM

Despite all the missing words and information I think I got the gist of that.

Pages '09 v4.3 needs Lion OSX 10.7.4.

If you reinstall iWork '09 on your OSX 10.6.8, don't update it past iWork '09 v4.0.5.

Amazon is selling the iWork '09 boxed set very cheaply if you need it. This time back up all your installers onto a spare hard drive along with any serial numbers for future use.

Peter

20 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 23, 2015 3:15 PM in response to Swiff Swish

Despite all the missing words and information I think I got the gist of that.

Pages '09 v4.3 needs Lion OSX 10.7.4.

If you reinstall iWork '09 on your OSX 10.6.8, don't update it past iWork '09 v4.0.5.

Amazon is selling the iWork '09 boxed set very cheaply if you need it. This time back up all your installers onto a spare hard drive along with any serial numbers for future use.

Peter

Aug 27, 2015 1:12 PM in response to Swiff Swish

You should have kept responding to your original post here that Peter was helping you — not start another post on the same problem.

If you installed from the iWork '09 DVD into OS X 10.6.8, and there were no previous wrong files installed, then you should have used the Apple iWork 9.1 updater which is good for OS X 10.6.6 — 10.6.8, and Lion 10.7.0 — 10.7.3. If you applied the Apple iWork 9.3 updater, it expects Lion 10.7.4 or later.

Apply the Apple iWork 9.1 updater, it will overwrite the Pages, Numbers, and Keynote applications with the correct versions for OS X 10.6.8.

iWork '09 Unexpectingly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.