Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

siri wont go away

I'm facing a problem with Siri in my iphone 6. Siri doesnt go away when I say "bye" or "cancel". I wait for Siri to go away after saying bye but i eventually have to press the home button. I've tried shutting my phone down and turning it back on. I've also updated my software but nothing has helped.

iPhone 6, iOS 8.4.1

Posted on Aug 25, 2015 9:31 AM

8 replies

Aug 27, 2015 4:02 AM in response to M_malik

Hello, M_malik!

My name is Denis and I'm experiencing the same problem with Siri with the same configuration: iPhone 6 running iOS 8.4.1.

I've started a thread regarding this issue. Please, consider looking through it and leave a message the way jmarcosseo did or share your thoughts in order to draw attention to the thread and keep it up to date.

While I do not have an answer / solution to the problem at the moment, I will do my best to find out what's goin' on and how to get Siri close its window after voice commands.

Thank you!

Denis

Aug 27, 2015 4:21 AM in response to Lexiepex

Hey, LexSchellings! How's it goin'?

Thank you for your reply! Unfortunately, that did not work for me. But hope, this will work for M_malik and others.

Alright, according to this thread, the following actions were taken with no luck:

w/ Siri:

• Turning Siri Off and On again
  • Turning Siri Off -> Restart -> Siri On
  • "Hey, Siri!" Off/On

w/ the phone:

• Restart (Sleep -> "Slide to Power Off")
  • Restart (Home + Sleep)
  • Reset (all of the options in the Settings -> General -> Reset menu, including "Reset All Content and Settings")
  • Restore via iTunes
  • Restore via iTunes with the phone in "Recovery Mode"

Thanks anyways! I appreciate your help.

Denis

Aug 27, 2015 4:27 AM in response to M_malik

M_malik wrote:

I'm facing a problem with Siri in my iphone 6. Siri doesnt go away when I say "bye" or "cancel". I wait for Siri to go away after saying bye but i eventually have to press the home button. I've tried shutting my phone down and turning it back on. I've also updated my software but nothing has helped.

Saying bye to Siri won't get you back to your normal home screen. You've to press the Home button.

Aug 27, 2015 3:24 PM in response to jmarcosseo

Hey, jmarcosseo!

Thank you for your reply: I've just done a test WITHOUT turning Siri off and restart – and Siri closed its session after the "Bye" command.

Alright, here are my guesses of what's goin' on:

1. A user passes a voice command to a device's mic.
  2. The voice command is transmitted to the Apple server w/ Siri program.
  3. Siri performs speech recognition and processes the request and generate a response.
  4. The response is transmitted back to the device with:
    • What to reply to the user
    • What to actually DO

So, I suppose, Apple recently edited the "Goodbye" response by removing "Close" action. And luckily brought it back!

Thanks!

Denis

siri wont go away

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.