Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do you unblock what you thought was a spam text message?

I reported a spam/junk from a phone number I wasn't sure about on my text messages. I think it was now someone I knew and like to unspam it but don't know where to find the number to undo it??????y

Posted on Aug 26, 2015 3:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 16, 2017 4:33 PM

Hi, so all you did was accidently "spammed" the person via text message right?

Well if you actually block the person their name should be under the block list

If you didn't "block" it and instead you "spammed" or "report junk", and their name isn't in the block list then you should try my steps and you could retrieve their number, but unfortunately you will not retrieve the previous conversations you guys had.

21 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 16, 2017 4:33 PM in response to alliancebuilders

Hi, so all you did was accidently "spammed" the person via text message right?

Well if you actually block the person their name should be under the block list

If you didn't "block" it and instead you "spammed" or "report junk", and their name isn't in the block list then you should try my steps and you could retrieve their number, but unfortunately you will not retrieve the previous conversations you guys had.

Jul 17, 2017 7:53 AM in response to countryberry11

So I think I've found out a way!!!!!!!!

I was in the same boat as you, accidentally spammed a text (i didn't even know there is even an option to do so)

But yeah, accidentally spammed a text, freaking out, called apple, called my carrier, called back apple and no help whatsoever. So I started playing around with my phone a little more, here's the steps you can try to "unspam" the person you were texting that you didn't save the number.

1. Go to your messages.

2. Click on the "create new message" icon, the one on top right.

3. If you happen to know their first number that it starts with, type it in, ex. Number is area code 665. And I don't know the rest of it I can just type in 6. And a list would drop down.

4. Scroll down and you'll see the numbers on your contacts are highlighted in blue. The numbers that are not in your contacts that YOU PREVIOUSLY text would be in grey.

If you spammed or block whatever it may be, you can still click on that number (the grey one) and once you click on it there should be an option to unspam them. Or you can save the number to your contacts.

Hope this helps!!!

-cindy

Aug 28, 2015 3:00 PM in response to countryberry11

Hi countryberry11,
That is a good question on how to unblock numbers that are blocked. Take a look at the quoted section below to give you a list of areas to access the numbers that are blocked on your iPhone.
Block calls and block or filter messages on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201229

View or edit your blocked list

You can see the contacts and phone numbers that you've blocked in Settings under Phone, FaceTime, or Messages:

• Settings > Phone > Blocked
  • Settings > FaceTime > Blocked
  • Settings > Messages > Blocked

User uploaded file

From this screen, you can add more people to your blocked list, or tap Edit to unblock someone

Have a good day

Apr 29, 2017 3:02 PM in response to norm123

I didn't block contacts instead I was going through my messages and selected all of them to just delete them , but instead I press report junk. All this messages where my friends, clients, family, my son school school parents and teachers as well apple and many others that are very important. Some of them are not in my contacts and most of my work inquiry are in it. I already followed your instructions and check my blocked messages and contacts and is none of it is there Again I didn't accidentally block them, instead of deleting ( to free up space on the phone) i pressed the " report as junk". I have never previously seen that option, since I was going through fast I just selected all and without paying attention I thought I was pressing delete, when I screen popped this messages are reported as junk it was to late to undo. All messages where gone from text messaging. Please help.

Jul 31, 2017 4:59 PM in response to Cindylouwho0202

I accidentally sent a number I did not have saved to junk - this number was actually my works number in which they send me through my shifts.

I have just done what you said and gone to the area where they are highlighted in grey, and have added them as a contact , will I receive messages again now?

I'm freaking out as if I don't get their messages I won't get shifts

How do you unblock what you thought was a spam text message?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.