Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Logic Pro X crash on startup since 10.2.0 update

Hi I've not been able to run Logic after the recent update that introduced Alchemy. Even after deleting the program and reinstalling it, the program still crashes. I was wondering if any one had a similar problem? Any help would be fantastic, thanks! 😀

Logic Pro X, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Aug 27, 2015 1:10 PM

12 replies

Aug 27, 2015 1:14 PM in response to Freeptom

You need to look at the crash log to determine the cause of the crash.... or if you need help reading it... up it to Dropbox and post up a link to it here..

It's likely to be a driver incompatibility issue or plugin or application thats now conflicting.. (Typical culprits are things like Avid/Mackie/M-Audio drivers... or apps like Automap, 32Lives, Jack, SoundFlower and so on..) but again, that can only be confirmed with a look through the crash log....

Aug 28, 2015 5:31 PM in response to Freeptom

Freeptom wrote:

Thanks for the really quick reply, here's the link to the crash report, it would be great if I could have help with it: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/onros2xpjqe9qe7/AADI93HYizgKe5Ea3Z5Ix9DBa?dl=0

I do use M-Audio products so it may be them?

Thanks!

Ok...

I took a look at your crash log and it seems the problem is related to the new Alchemy plugin and your Midi/Audio interface in some odd way... Maybe some kind of conflict going on....

Hard to say exactly what is likely to fix it but you may want to check you are using the latest drivers for your Midi/Audio interfaces... and/or if they are 'driverless' devices.. that they are fully compatible with OS X 10.10.5

I cannot reproduce the problem here on any of my Mac setups... In fact running 10.2 and 10.10.5 have proven, so far, to be very stable....

Sorry, wish I could be more helpful but this could be one of those... "who knows' problems.... that might require a lot of troubleshooting.. such as removing all 3rd party drivers and hardware for example... to help eliminate and/or identify the true cause of this issue

Aug 30, 2015 11:09 AM in response to Freeptom

Thanks for this. I was using an alias in here to store content on an external drive in Logic 9. There was no issue that this alias existed in the user library instead of system library until 10.2. It was actually hard to find because I was looking for a folder. For anyone now wanting store the Logic library on an external drive, use a symbolic link. ONLY DO THIS IF YOU KNOW EXACTLY WHAT YOU'RE DOING, AS TAOS SAID. Apologies for the caps but I had to delay completion of an important project 8 hours and I thought I knew what I was doing. I had completely forgot there was an alias sitting in the user library.

Cheers,
Aaron

Aug 30, 2015 12:17 PM in response to jonathan143

Aaron,

Absolutely.......

Aliases Vs Symbolic Links...... (SymLinks)

See my comment in this thread....

Logic X 10.2.0 crashes after Update

..and for those wishing to use a SymLink...

https://gigaom.com/2011/04/27/how-to-create-and-use-symlinks-on-a-mac/

Again, only proceed when you are sure you know exactly what you are doing and the possible consequences of such.. and make a good solid Clone backup of your System Drive using CCC or SuperDuper! before doing so...

Logic Pro X crash on startup since 10.2.0 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.