Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Icloud Missing Iphone from List of devices

Hi, hoping someone can help me!

After chatting with an apple advisor on monday reguarding a missing app, i did what was advised and ended up losing all my photos! four years worth. i tried to restore to a different date and still no photos. Ive tried on itunes to do this and also icloud. On icloud it does not even show my iphone, just my ipad. ive been trying all week to find a way to get them back.

i would appreciate any advice

Thank you

Paula

iPhone 4S, iOS 6.1.3, Pulling my hair out!

Posted on Aug 29, 2015 9:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 29, 2015 9:44 AM

Your iPhone won't show up on the iCloud list. Only devices running iOS 8 or higher or Macs running Yosemite show up on that list.

So you are trying to redownload a missing app?

Cheers,

GB

19 replies

Aug 29, 2015 9:55 AM in response to tpaulaj

OK, so what photos are missing? Photos on the Photo Stream? Camera Roll Photos?

iCloud will only keep the last 30 days or 1000 photos in Photo Stream, even though your device will accumulate them until you turn off Photo Stream. At that point, all you can get back is what iCloud has.

Did you import them at any point? Have you ever backed up your device?

Cheers,

GB

Aug 29, 2015 11:03 AM in response to tpaulaj

OK, so your backup is in iTunes. When you open iTunes and click on Preferences>Devices, do you not see the last backup you made listed there?

When you say your device is not listed in iCloud, I was presuming you meant in iCloud.com since that is the forum you posted under. Is that what you meant? Or did you mean it is not listed when you go to Settings>iCloud>Storage>Manage Storage on your device itself?

Cheers,

GB

Aug 29, 2015 11:17 AM in response to tpaulaj

So, now, when you are going to Settings>iCloud>Storage>Manage Storage on your iPhone, you are not seeing you iPhone listed at all? And the iPhone is singed on to the same iCloud account it was when you restored from the backup?

And when you go to iTunes on your computer, and you click on Preferences>Devices, you are not seeing the recent backup you made of that phone?

GB

Icloud Missing Iphone from List of devices

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.