Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCal "New Event"

I have a 2014 MBP, and will soon update to McKinsey. Curious about why my iCal, which was working perfectly until about 2 weeks ago, now looses the entered event and all it's attributes and replaces it with the words "New Event". The attachments, notes, URL's, alarms and other attributes disappear?? My current work around is to set up the event completely, then Duplicate it, which results in posting the event twice, side by side, as one of the versions changes to just "New Event", the other is correct. Sometimes it clouds to the iPhone, sometimes not. It does send both the "New Event" blank version and the cloned complete version to those invited. Thus passing the torment on to my recipients. In researching this, I have found that people describe iCal as "buggy" and say that this is a legacy issue with the software? Really, Apple can't fix it with a patch? The recommendations are inconsistent all seeming a mix of "this might" and "this may" fix that. I could understand if I were using a $300 PC laptop, but a $4000 MBP?? Solutions range from back it up to Google, then turn off the clouding, Clear the calendars and repopulate from Google to Clear and Re-set. Honestly, I expect better from Apple. We use Apples in our business & iCal is not just for Birthdays and such, but for mission critical appointments and like that. Now it's happening on our Finance Chief's Mac too. Most suggestions I read are also circa 2012? It's been a problem for that long?? What is the problem and how best to fix it?? As I talk to colleagues who also have the same issue, they suggest abandoning iCal and get a better Calendar Platform. Please advise, Thank You, Joe.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5), New iCal Issue

Posted on Aug 30, 2015 2:33 PM

1 reply

iCal "New Event"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.