Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

SD card reader doesn't write anymore on any SD

Hello, my SD card reader on my mid 11 macbook air, only shows me the contents of my sd cards...
Nothing major happened, I don't understand why i can't write anymore on my SD cards, I tried 2 different cards,
and the utility disk sees the cards, but doesn't allow me to format them...
I tried to lock and unlock the cards, and even tried some tape on the little lock space...
but nothing's working, any ideas of drivers or solution ?

I used to have a permanent sd card as a disk extension to my poor 128gigs HD... I have paragon NTFS and mac os X 10.7.5

Thanks

MacBook Air (13-inch Mid 2011), Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Aug 31, 2015 9:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 31, 2015 10:04 AM

If the cards are in NTFS format, the "Paragon" software may not be working. Try a card formatted as FAT or HFS. Otherwise, see below.

If the same happens with more than one card, the card reader is stuck in write-locked mode. I don't generally advise do-it-yourself hardware repair, but one ASC member managed to fix this problem. I haven't tried the fix myself and I can't offer any guidance beyond what's in that discussion. If you cause damage, don't expect your warranty to cover it. I suggest you instead make a "Genius" appointment at an Apple Store.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 31, 2015 10:04 AM in response to DANIEL Paris

If the cards are in NTFS format, the "Paragon" software may not be working. Try a card formatted as FAT or HFS. Otherwise, see below.

If the same happens with more than one card, the card reader is stuck in write-locked mode. I don't generally advise do-it-yourself hardware repair, but one ASC member managed to fix this problem. I haven't tried the fix myself and I can't offer any guidance beyond what's in that discussion. If you cause damage, don't expect your warranty to cover it. I suggest you instead make a "Genius" appointment at an Apple Store.

Sep 1, 2015 12:09 AM in response to Linc Davis

well, thank you,
Finally this brought me to another thread : Re: sd card reader not working
and the solution was not to insert completely the card into its slot, 1 or 2 millimeters before usual space, well, it's not fixing everything, I guess if i'd like it to be correct I may have to open the whole back of my desktop...and reset somehow the lock connector of the SD reader, but it's enough for now...

Thank you Linc Davis !

SD card reader doesn't write anymore on any SD

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.