Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Open Logic without loading content (urgent)

I did update a functioning Logic unfortunately, now when opening Logic it wants to load new content, but there is no sufficient internet here, its fine for writing mails, but not for downloading GB of unnecessary content!!! (It would need 4 hours to download, by then I should have done my edits already)

In the past it would download content in the background, this really hits me badly...

I do not need the content at all, I just want to work!!!

Where is the info that the content has to be loaded located? I would edit it and could get back to work...

And please, if any Apple software engineer for Logic is listening - DON'T DO THAT AGAIN !!! There are lots of work flows which do not want or need internet connections...

Stefan Tj Shredder...

MacBook Air (11-inch, Early 2014), OS X Yosemite (10.10.1)

Posted on Sep 1, 2015 1:44 AM

3 replies

Sep 1, 2015 12:13 PM in response to Tj-Shredder

Tj-Shredder wrote:

And please, if any Apple software engineer for Logic is listening -

They are not likely doing so....

Why not?

Why doesn't Apple answer the questions that we ask about Logic Pro?

Note: There are two types of Logic Pro content...

1) The essential content which you have to download..

The 10.2 update downloads about 2GB of essential data to complete the update......

..and

2) The Additional content you do not have to download... The 10.2 Update also offers up to 16GB of additional content that you can choose to download or not...

If you don't want to automatically update Logic at all so you don't have to download the required essential content.... then turn off Automatic Updates ifor Apps n OS X System preferences.../ App Store so it looks like this...

User uploaded file

Now you will get notified about any App and OS X System updates but they will not get downloaded or installed unless you choose to do so...

Open Logic without loading content (urgent)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.