Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can't get bootcamp6 installed on win10 installation

Hi All,

This question refers to my MacBook Pro early 2013 edition, model# macbookpro10,1. I am running all latest updates, mac os x 10.10.5 w/ all updates. I was running windows 7 w/ all updates.

I upgraded to windows 10 from win7 following what seemed to be a good upgrade plan. I followed various websites suggestions.

The upgrade went very well. I am now running win10 and it seems to be running pretty good. I needed to upgrade my bootcamp since I wasn't running the latest for windows 10, so first I went to the apple software update tool. That downloaded the latest iTunes 12.2.2 update, and installed it with out any issues. I reran the tool, but it keeps telling me that I am up-to-date. I know I am not since the about dialog for bootcamp says I'm running bootcamp 4.0.

I then went into my mac, and downloaded the latest support tools via bootcamp assistant.

I rebooted, and then opened the thumb drive, and there were three folders. I went under the bootcamp folder and ran the setup.exe

I then just followed the prompts, and began the install.

at around 20% I get a error message. It just says error at the top of the dialog, w/ an ok button. No actual message was found. I hit ok, and it then brought me to the finish screen, then it asked me to reboot.

The software didn't install at all.

I've reran the setup a few times and everytime I get the same exact results.

I tried uninstalling bootcamp from programs and features, but it says that this software can only run on a windows 7 system.

Does anyone have any ideas of how I can get this fixed and working again? I don't want to reinstall the entire system as I have a lot of programs and stuff on there.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best,

BW

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Early 2013), OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Sep 1, 2015 10:56 AM

1 reply

Sep 1, 2015 11:24 AM in response to BlindWiz

For W10 upgraded from W7/W8, this is a known issue. If your W10 upgrade is activated, and you can backup all your important files (except the W10 OS), my recommendation is to remove Windows using BC Assistant only, and perform a clean installation of W10. The issues are related to pre-upgrade Windows 7/8 drivers and merging/fixing them for W10. the BC setup fails miserable to do that.

Please see Boot Camp 6 error without a message or code and the discussion with user kscorp .

can't get bootcamp6 installed on win10 installation

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.