Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

do I need itunes 12.2 to sync ipad with IOS 8.4.1

Do I need iTunes 12.2 to sync ipad with IOS 8.4.1 or will it sync with older versions? I have windows vista which is not compatible with the latest version of iTunes.

iPad 2, iOS 8.4.1

Posted on Sep 2, 2015 11:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 19, 2015 12:53 PM

Hello pookies1,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

I understand from your post that you have an iPad with iOS 8.4.1 and you would like to sync it with your Windows PC running Windows Vista. You are able to sync your iPad to the most recent version of iTunes for Windows Vista, as iTunes 12.2 is not supported in Vista. The most current version of iTunes for Vista is 12.1.2.

iTunes 12.1.2 for Windows (64-bit)

iTunes 12.1.2 for Windows (32 bit)

Take care.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 19, 2015 12:53 PM in response to pookies1

Hello pookies1,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

I understand from your post that you have an iPad with iOS 8.4.1 and you would like to sync it with your Windows PC running Windows Vista. You are able to sync your iPad to the most recent version of iTunes for Windows Vista, as iTunes 12.2 is not supported in Vista. The most current version of iTunes for Vista is 12.1.2.

iTunes 12.1.2 for Windows (64-bit)

iTunes 12.1.2 for Windows (32 bit)

Take care.

do I need itunes 12.2 to sync ipad with IOS 8.4.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.